Japan. Travel futures and logs!

Culture, language, tangibles, intangibles from countries known for tea. China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, India, etc...

Oct 20th 17 11:35 pm

Re: Japan. Travel futures and logs!

by debunix » Oct 20th 17 11:35 pm

Yesterday we did indeed get to Obubu Tea Farm for their tour, and it was a delightful adventure, start to finish....although there was a little frustration due to a missed and then a canceled train, so we were quite late, but they were amazingly accommodating and make terrific tea, and my tea stash to bring home is now quite satisfying, even before a planned excursion to Uji and the Tsuen Tea shop itself—nearly a thousand years of tea on the same spot, and the source of my favorite ‘Aoi’ sencha from O-Cha. Now to the source.....although I doubt it can beat the floral and delicate and marvelous Spring Sun Sencha or the Kabusecha Sencha from Obubu.

More later, when I can pull together notes from other sources on my computer. Typing on my Bluetooth keyboard is easy, but cutting, pasting, and collating is not.

Oct 21st 17 8:21 am

by Sasameyuki » Oct 21st 17 8:21 am

Hi debunix, seems you’re having a wonderful tea adventure! I’m very much looking forward to reading the rest of your experiences. Have fun!

Jun 25th 18 7:28 am

by contich1940 » Jun 25th 18 7:28 am

Hey guys,

But, I adore Siskiyou. It's the best place to hunt or fish in the largely untouched region., yet it is littler and marginally less swarmed, which I appreciate. :)

Thank you so much. :)