Aug 16th, '12, 02:49

How do you display your bowls/cups?

by rhythmaning » Aug 16th, '12, 02:49

Greetings All,

I checked the board index to see if this topic has already been posted, but didn't see anything on it. If it has, please disregard this thread! :oops:

I have only just recently begun collecting teaware that is nice enough to display as well as use, and I thought it would be fun and inspiring to see how everyone else approaches this topic. I am currently deciding how to conveniently display my wares while still having them easily accessible for use.

Any inspiring pics of your set-ups out there?

- Gary

Aug 16th, '12, 13:19

Re: How do you display your bowls/cups?

by AdamMY » Aug 16th, '12, 13:19

Display by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

Decided to get around to snapping an updated picture of mine. Also caused me to rearrange things slightly. Everything in the left two columns and on top are Japanese wares, separated more or less by artist ( Kyusu's are not grouped by artist on top).

On the right besides the vase, is porcelain ware, and my yixings. The 3rd column from the left is Taiwan and Korean wares ( I really only have the Tawain celadon pieces which are the top cubby). The right side is American artists ( as you can tell I am a bit sparse on American Artists).

But these simple cubbies work well enough especially as I do not have a lot of space.

Aug 16th, '12, 13:37
Location: Lat: N 59º 37' 3.79" Long: E 17º 49' 35.49" or thereabouts

by sriracha » Aug 16th, '12, 13:37

I can't have anything out in the open because of five mischievous felines in the household. But I don't mind.

Only one chawan, high on a shelf. :)

Aug 16th, '12, 13:45

by Peacock » Aug 16th, '12, 13:45

Nice display Adam. I think the cubbies look better than a bookshelf, and of course awesome teaware. :)

Aug 16th, '12, 14:23

by debunix » Aug 16th, '12, 14:23

I'm eagerly looking for inspiration here, because I have a new house, and feline-safe teaware display is definitely one of my goals. I have a very enterprising feline, however, so it will need to be quite secure--probably a glass fronted cabinet or shelf.

Aug 16th, '12, 14:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Aug 16th, '12, 14:33

Chip might have a few things to say about teaware and cats, but I recall a few stories of breakages, so maybe not.... :lol:

I'd show a picture of some of my stuff, but most of my teapots are very unceremoniously clustered on my of my fridge, and all of my cups are taking up two cabinet shelves. Maybe when I move I can come up with something a bit nicer....

Aug 16th, '12, 17:24

by rhythmaning » Aug 16th, '12, 17:24

AdamMY wrote:Image
Display by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

Decided to get around to snapping an updated picture of mine. Also caused me to rearrange things slightly. Everything in the left two columns and on top are Japanese wares, separated more or less by artist ( Kyusu's are not grouped by artist on top).

On the right besides the vase, is porcelain ware, and my yixings. The 3rd column from the left is Taiwan and Korean wares ( I really only have the Tawain celadon pieces which are the top cubby). The right side is American artists ( as you can tell I am a bit sparse on American Artists).

But these simple cubbies work well enough especially as I do not have a lot of space.
Wow! Beautiful display, Adam. Thank you for sharing. And I DO like that cubby arrangement. Although, I get so much dust in my house that I'd probably need something with a glass front. Do you have a problem with dust?
Best,
Gary

Aug 16th, '12, 18:06

by Lerxst2112 » Aug 16th, '12, 18:06

The wares that I use every day usually stay on the coffee table where I brew. (it sits very low, and is perfect, as I prefer sitting on the floor) Extra cups (for now) take up residence along with the plates, glasses, etc. in the kitchen cabinet. Eventually, I would like to get a little cabinet with a glass front and keep wares in there as my collection eventually expands. Would be nice to house the BF's wares as well so that they'll be safe from dust and the cat.... though she doesn't bother things. She keeps her toys on the floor, and doesn't disturb the knick-knacks. :mrgreen:

Adam - gorgeous display, man! How long did it take to accumulate all those?! :shock:

Aug 16th, '12, 18:12

by AdamMY » Aug 16th, '12, 18:12

rhythmaning wrote:
Wow! Beautiful display, Adam. Thank you for sharing. And I DO like that cubby arrangement. Although, I get so much dust in my house that I'd probably need something with a glass front. Do you have a problem with dust?
Best,
Gary
Yes I have a lot of issues with dust, but every month or two, I try and go through and move the pieces away and dust. In fact it doesn't show up in the photo but currently the shelves are in dire need of dusting.
Lerxst2112 wrote:
Adam - gorgeous display, man! How long did it take to accumulate all those?! :shock:
It started mostly with Chip getting me addicted to Hagi, that would be Fall of 2009, so almost 3 years now. Things have slowed down quite a bit, but those first few months I went a little crazy.

Aug 17th, '12, 16:41
Vendor Member

by blairswhitaker » Aug 17th, '12, 16:41

very nice display adam, clean and classy,

Mine is a bit jumbled at the moment and it views better in person than on photo be here you go...

IMG_0110 by blairswhitaker, on Flickr

IMG_0109 by blairswhitaker, on Flickr

IMG_0107 by blairswhitaker, on Flickr

This is where the magic happens...
IMG_0106 by blairswhitaker, on Flickr

Aug 17th, '12, 18:01

by rhythmaning » Aug 17th, '12, 18:01

blairswhitaker wrote:very nice display adam, clean and classy,

Mine is a bit jumbled at the moment and it views better in person than on photo be here you go...

IMG_0110 by blairswhitaker, on Flickr

IMG_0109 by blairswhitaker, on Flickr

IMG_0107 by blairswhitaker, on Flickr

This is where the magic happens...
IMG_0106 by blairswhitaker, on Flickr
Looks mighty good to me, Blair, jumbled or not. Thanks for sharing. I love the glass corner piece.

Aug 18th, '12, 07:15

by David R. » Aug 18th, '12, 07:15

Impressive !

Aug 21st, '12, 23:35

by the_economist » Aug 21st, '12, 23:35

No display, just sitting out on my desk until I use 'em. These are what I have in fairly regular rotation:

Aug 22nd, '12, 01:40

by MarshalN » Aug 22nd, '12, 01:40

You guys clearly don't have cats.

Aug 22nd, '12, 11:16

by hopeofdawn » Aug 22nd, '12, 11:16

MarshalN wrote:You guys clearly don't have cats.
That was exactly my thought! :lol: All of my teaware has to be well out of cat-leaping range, or behind closed cabinet doors. Doh!

+ Post Reply