Feb 21st, '14, 13:36

Health Benefits?

by Poseidon » Feb 21st, '14, 13:36

Hey fellow tea-heads! I was thinking about the health benefits of tea earlier today and I thought it would be interesting to hear your stories of how tea has benefited your health. I know some of you guys have been tea drinkers for years so it would be nice to hear from you!

I guess ill start: I have stopped drinking soda for the most part which in turn has helped me lose weight as well as keeping me more hydrated. I rarely go to the doctor so I dont have numbers or charts to back up how I feel but I really do FEEL better. I primarily drink green and oolong teas with some herbals in the summer! :mrgreen:
猎乌龙

Feb 21st, '14, 13:49
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Health Benefits?

by William » Feb 21st, '14, 13:49

Until now, the only benefit so far encountered is the happiness and calmness of mind.

Have a nice day. :D

Feb 24th, '14, 11:17

by MEversbergII » Feb 24th, '14, 11:17

It benefited my health as something of a gateway. I grew up on tea and wanted to expand my horizons. So I started looking around and heard about health benefits, which lead me to the health communities I belong to today.

M.

Feb 24th, '14, 12:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 24th, '14, 12:06

I am big on the "substitution principle" of replacing something bad with something good. So, in this regard tea has provided a much better beverage consumption versus the junk I was drinking previously (which really was not that bad since I had long done away with soda and the like).

But for me there seems to have been more to it than this. When I started drinking tea, specifically green tea, more specifically Japanese ... suddenly my annual acute sinusitis (that made me feel like I was on the death bed every single year) ceased.

My acid reflux stopped.

My stomach pains that I had also been experiencing also stopped.

Now this goes against at least some degree of medical logic as the health care industry as we know it in the USA would have said, "Chip, you must cut out the tea, you must cut out the caffeine, we will make you healthy, trust us. We will give you pills to make you healthy again."

Am I ready to go on Dr. Oz and proclaim my conclusive discoveries? Or is this ... coincidence? ... were there possible other factors affecting my newly renewed health? ... maybe yes.

I am not a scientific case study. But am I conclusively better without question 100% because of Japanese green tea? Wellll, I will go so far as to say "I believe" Japanese green tea played a big part in this.

By the way, at the time I refused to give up dark chocolate, another dietary no no for what ailed me. I did eliminate peppermint based upon my own personal research. And I did begin to use saline nasal spray (which I swear by during the Winter heating season). :mrgreen:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 20th, '14, 22:01

by gunbuster363 » Mar 20th, '14, 22:01

I am having a kind of chronic disease and there are constant but mild pain in my body.

After I drank a nice cup of matcha ( in koicha style ) I feel better ( less pain ) in the next day.

Mar 24th, '14, 04:18

by Chesslover » Mar 24th, '14, 04:18

Chip wrote: My acid reflux stopped.
+1

Apr 1st, '14, 14:12

by PaddyB » Apr 1st, '14, 14:12

I haven't thought of it before I saw it written here, but I think tea also helped me with my acid reflux. Before I started drinking large quantities of tea I had problems every time I drank wine (which was a bummer, since my gf's father owns quite a big vineyard). But now I am fine. And since I haven't changed my lifestyle in any other way, tea is a strong suspect.

Apr 4th, '14, 02:24

by bagua7 » Apr 4th, '14, 02:24

William wrote:Until now, the only benefit so far encountered is the happiness and calmness of mind.
Only?? You should be extremely happy. :D

This benefit alone outweighs all others, IMO.

"The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind."
~Atisha Dipamkara

I have lost a lot of weight as a result of daily tea consumption (green, oolong and puerh).

Apr 16th, '14, 20:36

by SireSteepsAlot » Apr 16th, '14, 20:36

I drink a cup of matcha every morning. Lately I've been using the substitution method of eliminating unhealthy foods and drinks from my diet and replacing them with something more favorable to a healthier lifestyle.

Green tea , which got me into other teas , was a great substitution for things like coffee(which disgusts me now! lol), soda, artificial fruit juices, etc. I've noticed an overall improvement in my mood when I have my tea, and a sense of clarity and alertness. Also, after months of not drinking coffee anymore and replacing it with tea, I have not felt my heart palpitating, or skipping beats.

I like to think green tea has benefited me greatly over these few months. I will keep abiding to my morning ritual of tea and continue drinking other teas. :)

May 28th, '14, 21:30

by TimsMom » May 28th, '14, 21:30

I had to go to the doctor today.... I have good blood pressure but it was down by 8 numbers on the top and a couple on the bottom. I have drunk tea all my life but the last couple of weeks I've been drinking green tea. I certainly think tea is beneficial.

Jun 15th, '14, 21:42

by teagalaxy » Jun 15th, '14, 21:42

I like to think of tea as more of a preventative type drink for myself. I hope that the antioxidants are protecting myself from disease and also helping to slow down the aging process. While some of the benefits are debated, it still keeps me hydrated and replaces other unhealthy drinks like soda.

Aug 18th, '14, 20:45

Health Benefits?

by gofroggy08 » Aug 18th, '14, 20:45

I've noticed my skin is a little clearer, I've lost a little extra weight, and am generally more relaxed.

Aug 18th, '14, 20:52

by entropyembrace » Aug 18th, '14, 20:52

Chip wrote:suddenly my annual acute sinusitis (that made me feel like I was on the death bed every single year) ceased.
I've chronic sinusitis constantly since I was a small child and while it hasn't ceased completely tea does provide some temporary relief :)

Aug 19th, '14, 07:27

by Poseidon » Aug 19th, '14, 07:27

Poseidon wrote:Hey fellow tea-heads! I was thinking about the health benefits of tea earlier today and I thought it would be interesting to hear your stories of how tea has benefited your health. I know some of you guys have been tea drinkers for years so it would be nice to hear from you!

I guess ill start: I have stopped drinking soda for the most part which in turn has helped me lose weight as well as keeping me more hydrated. I rarely go to the doctor so I dont have numbers or charts to back up how I feel but I really do FEEL better. I primarily drink green and oolong teas with some herbals in the summer! :mrgreen:
Edit: Weight is down as well. Ive always been a bigger guy (think 6'3" football lineman) but I'm down 10 lbs with slight changes to food(portions), getting rid of soda(maybe 2 a week), and accepting tea into my cup. :D

Aug 19th, '14, 10:49

by wert » Aug 19th, '14, 10:49

entropyembrace wrote:
Chip wrote:suddenly my annual acute sinusitis (that made me feel like I was on the death bed every single year) ceased.
I've chronic sinusitis constantly since I was a small child and while it hasn't ceased completely tea does provide some temporary relief :)
Me too, I suffered from acute sinusitis since I was very young. But I don't really notice tea provide any relief, perhaps it depends on the type of tea. The sore point is I can't enjoy any interesting tea when it happened, no sense of smell and taste.

+ Post Reply