Aug 8th, '14, 12:43

Opening a Tea Shop with a tea bar, Need bulk storage tins!

by Tynisha » Aug 8th, '14, 12:43

Hi I'm Tynisha! I'm opening a Tea Shop in Wilmington Delaware. Everything is going great and I'm looking to open in a month or so. BUT I'm having trouble finding large storage containers for my tea wall! I have searched and searched and I have some options such as popcorn tins, however I'm not sure those will be airtight enough to keep the tea fresh. I would like storage that's around 11x11" Please Help! :D

Aug 8th, '14, 13:27

Opening a Tea Shop with a tea bar, Need bulk storage tins!

by mganz42 » Aug 8th, '14, 13:27

I've always stored my tea in painted mason jars. It's airtight and trendy. You might be able to find really big ones, or you could repurpose huge pickle jars for larger storage. Of course, you have to find empty ones or figure out what to do with the pickles (and of course, clean them very thoroughly)! ;)

Welcome to Teachat, good luck with your shop!

Aug 8th, '14, 13:31

Re: Opening a Tea Shop with a tea bar, Need bulk storage tins!

by Evan Draper » Aug 8th, '14, 13:31

Have you tried the container store in Cherry Hill?
http://www.containerstore.com/locations ... ?store=CHL

Aug 8th, '14, 13:40

by Poseidon » Aug 8th, '14, 13:40

Tynisha wrote:Hi I'm Tynisha! I'm opening a Tea Shop in Wilmington Delaware. Everything is going great and I'm looking to open in a month or so. BUT I'm having trouble finding large storage containers for my tea wall! I have searched and searched and I have some options such as popcorn tins, however I'm not sure those will be airtight enough to keep the tea fresh. I would like storage that's around 11x11" Please Help! :D
My local teashop uses the popcorn tins youre talking about. My tea has always been fresh and tasty. If youre worried, you could always line them with a bag that overlaps the top portion of the tin on the outside. The extra material may create a tighter seal. Hope that helps!

Aug 8th, '14, 14:03

by Tynisha » Aug 8th, '14, 14:03

You guys are Awesome! Thanks you for your replies! I have looked at the container store and couldn't find a thing. For now I'll stick to my Popcorn tins plan. I can have them customized with my logo :) The Mason Jar Idea is very cool but I didn't want glass in case my employees get butterfingers lol.

+ Post Reply