Grassiest green

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

User avatar
Sep 26th, '14, 11:56
Posts: 174
Joined: Nov 11th, '08, 17:27
Location: Italy

Grassiest green

by Jayaratna » Sep 26th, '14, 11:56

Super grassy japanese greens, any recommendation?

User avatar
Sep 26th, '14, 13:41
Posts: 485
Joined: Jul 20th, '13, 01:04
Location: Kentucky

Re: Grassiest green

by Poseidon » Sep 26th, '14, 13:41

Sencha.

User avatar
Sep 26th, '14, 13:57
Posts: 174
Joined: Nov 11th, '08, 17:27
Location: Italy

Re: Grassiest green

by Jayaratna » Sep 26th, '14, 13:57

Sure, but which sencha?

User avatar
Oct 1st, '14, 11:02
Posts: 29
Joined: Apr 8th, '14, 00:32
Location: Eastern Colorado, USA

Re: Grassiest green

by tdell001 » Oct 1st, '14, 11:02

I would not call my self an expert but I have been drinking Asamushi Sae Midori Sencha from O-cha and its pretty grassy green.

User avatar
Oct 5th, '14, 02:53
Posts: 174
Joined: Nov 11th, '08, 17:27
Location: Italy

Re: Grassiest green

by Jayaratna » Oct 5th, '14, 02:53

So are asamushis grassier than fukamushis?

User avatar
Oct 5th, '14, 15:21
Posts: 401
Joined: Nov 9th, '08, 01:46
Location: NYC

Re: Grassiest green

by chingwa » Oct 5th, '14, 15:21

In general, yes.

User avatar
Oct 5th, '14, 23:54
Posts: 2000
Joined: Mar 3rd, '09, 22:18

Re: Grassiest green

by entropyembrace » Oct 5th, '14, 23:54

I usually find Kabusecha is really grassy and tend not to like it for that reason...maybe it's what you're looking for though?

User avatar
Oct 6th, '14, 08:37
Posts: 174
Joined: Nov 11th, '08, 17:27
Location: Italy

Re: Grassiest green

by Jayaratna » Oct 6th, '14, 08:37

In fact I like Kabuse a lot: I usually warm brew it for additional depht.