Tea in Leuven, Belgium

For general/other topics related to tea.

Sep 28th, '14, 22:39
Posts: 20
Joined: Jul 8th, '14, 20:48

Tea in Leuven, Belgium

by JAndrews2 » Sep 28th, '14, 22:39

I recently moved to Leuven from the US. Any leads on good tea-related things here? I know there are some nice shops in Brussels, though I don't have a car and haven't had the time to take the bus over. I can get a lot of dirt-cheap green tea and some creepy-looking puer tins from the Chinese grocery stores on my street but that's about all I've seen.

User avatar
Oct 5th, '14, 15:42
Posts: 75
Joined: Jan 3rd, '13, 20:30
Location: Flanders, Belgium

Re: Tea in Leuven, Belgium

by Risdt » Oct 5th, '14, 15:42

I study in Leuven and live about 10min from there. I'm mainly into oolong and buy most of my teas from some people I know in Taiwan. Forget your idle hope of finding good tea in Belgium, I suggest changing your focus to beer :lol:

Oct 5th, '14, 23:11
Posts: 224
Joined: Aug 28th, '11, 12:08

Re: Tea in Leuven, Belgium

by Noonie » Oct 5th, '14, 23:11

And frites :wink:

Oct 6th, '14, 13:24
Posts: 386
Joined: Jan 5th, '14, 11:48
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tea in Leuven, Belgium

by Fuut » Oct 6th, '14, 13:24

Belgian beers are the best though!

I could suggest Karmeliet, my personal favorite!

Also, i think you'll end up online somewhere because tea import in the Netherlands where i am (and really close to the border of Belgium) there isn't much tea-industry.

User avatar
Oct 6th, '14, 14:53
Posts: 54
Joined: Feb 14th, '14, 22:56

Tea in Leuven, Belgium

by Sasameyuki » Oct 6th, '14, 14:53

I recommend you try Nongcha in Brussels (rue Antoine Dansaert 4). It's far from cheap but I go there regularly to buy high quality greens and oolongs. I don't know of any good places in Leuven. I mostly buy online or in Nongcha.

Oct 6th, '14, 19:46
Posts: 20
Joined: Jul 8th, '14, 20:48

Re: Tea in Leuven, Belgium

by JAndrews2 » Oct 6th, '14, 19:46

Thanks all! That's about what I expected. I've heard of a few tea shops in Brussels that look decent. I'll have to go exploring some weekend once the stash I brought from the US runs dry. Thanks again!