White2tea monthly teaclub.

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 8th, '14, 17:33

Re: White2tea monthly teaclub.

by TuoChaTea » Nov 8th, '14, 17:33

As many above wrote, the 10g is only one of the teas, the rest are mystery. I got my subscription and the teas are on the way to me :-)

Nov 8th, '14, 17:59

by mr mopu » Nov 8th, '14, 17:59

TuoChaTea wrote:As many above wrote, the 10g is only one of the teas, the rest are mystery. I got my subscription and the teas are on the way to me :-)
:D :D :D :D :D

Nov 8th, '14, 18:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Nov 8th, '14, 18:28

TuoChaTea wrote:As many above wrote, the 10g is only one of the teas, the rest are mystery. I got my subscription and the teas are on the way to me :-)
Keep us updated! :wink:

Nov 8th, '14, 18:50

by Cwyn » Nov 8th, '14, 18:50

Does a fat dog fart? Yep, and she's so in.

Nov 10th, '14, 02:33

by TuoChaTea » Nov 10th, '14, 02:33

William wrote:
Keep us updated! :wink:
Sure :-)

Nov 10th, '14, 18:50

by Chris418 » Nov 10th, '14, 18:50

i got mine today!

yayyy

Nov 10th, '14, 19:26

by Poseidon » Nov 10th, '14, 19:26

Chris418 wrote:i got mine today!

yayyy
spill the beans! :lol:

Nov 13th, '14, 09:13

by AdmiralKelvinator » Nov 13th, '14, 09:13

W2T tea-of-the-month package arrived today! here's a breakdown of the contents for those who are curious.

2014 Yesheng Qiaomu mini-cake 50g

1997 7582 private order 10g

2000 "Mini-chocolate" Shu 20g

"Duck S**t" Dancong Oolong 10g

regarding that last one, It's supposed to have a fragrance similar to Duck droppings I guess? Judging from the fragrance of the dry leaves, I can't
say I really agree, but that's prolly a good thing. I've heard people make weird (and very unappetizing) analogies when tasting teas before, but this one takes the cake.

Looking forward to breaking into these, and hearing other people's impressions.

Nov 13th, '14, 09:36

by Poseidon » Nov 13th, '14, 09:36

AdmiralKelvinator wrote:W2T tea-of-the-month package arrived today! here's a breakdown of the contents for those who are curious.

2014 Yesheng Qiaomu mini-cake 50g

1997 7582 private order 10g

2000 "Mini-chocolate" Shu 20g

"Duck S**t" Dancong Oolong 10g

regarding that last one, It's supposed to have a fragrance similar to Duck droppings I guess? Judging from the fragrance of the dry leaves, I can't
say I really agree, but that's prolly a good thing. I've heard people make weird (and very unappetizing) analogies when tasting teas before, but this one takes the cake.

Looking forward to breaking into these, and hearing other people's impressions.
Sounds awesome. Hopfully I will be able to join after the holidays!

Nov 13th, '14, 10:16

White2tea monthly teaclub.

by Chris418 » Nov 13th, '14, 10:16

About the Duck Shit oolong
There is some information from HOJO

Phoenix Ya Shi Xiang 鳳凰烏崠 烏崠鴨屎香単叢

The meaning of Ya Shi in Chinese is "Duck Shit"!
It is such an awful name! This is not the name we assigned, but it was a very traditional name used in Phoenix town. In any case, tea does not smell like duck shit. According to the tea history in Phoenix Town, this tea was named by a farmer who found that one of his teas produced very superb quality and unique flavor. He wanted to protect his tea from being stolen, so he decided to call it with a very awful name hoping that no one will come and disturb him. This is how this tea was named as Ya Shi Xiang, literally duck shit flavor.
This tea has a very sweet and intense fruity flavor, like golden peach or fully ripen mango. Despite it is rather a higher-end tea, this tea moves fastest in my shop in Malaysia. It is a very popular tea in Phoenix Town as well.
I've selected this tea from much older tea tree so that my customers enjoy the complexity of "duck shit flavor".

Nov 15th, '14, 11:59

by Cwyn » Nov 15th, '14, 11:59

I got a sample of the chocolate shu in an order recently and ordered more of it. Lately I've got the parameters down to my liking. The squares range in size from 4 g to 8 g. I soak one in cold water until the kettle boils, then do two rinses. I use the same 125 ml cup for both gram sizes, the larger square just lasts longer. Anyway it is one of the cleanest shou teas I've ever had, and a nice brown soup which I look for. The chocolate is a bit of a misnomer maybe? Or perhaps just due to the size of the pieces, I don't know.

The duck shit tea gives me a Wisconsin scenario. Boy brings duck shit tea to his school class, and announces it's duck shit cuz it's true and he thinks it's funny. The teacher who doesn't know squat thinks he's being cheeky and sends him to the office where the secretary calls his mother. Mother is annoyed, not because he brought duck shit tea to school, nor because he thinks it's funny, but because she had to leave work to pick him up.

Nov 17th, '14, 21:49
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Nov 17th, '14, 21:49

I should have dropped by to clarify sooner, the 10g sample was just a portion of the club offering. Sometimes the weight will be heavier. Coming up are some 250g tuos and 100g mini cakes. Sometimes the weight will be light, but the quality of tea will be higher.
Cwyn wrote: The chocolate is a bit of a misnomer maybe? Or perhaps just due to the size of the pieces, I don't know.
These are just named for their appearance, rather than taste.

Nov 18th, '14, 18:58

by Rdeitz » Nov 18th, '14, 18:58

Cwyn wrote:I got a sample of the chocolate shu in an order recently and ordered more of it. Lately I've got the parameters down to my liking. The squares range in size from 4 g to 8 g. I soak one in cold water until the kettle boils, then do two rinses. I use the same 125 ml cup for both gram sizes, the larger square just lasts longer. Anyway it is one of the cleanest shou teas I've ever had, and a nice brown soup which I look for. The chocolate is a bit of a misnomer maybe? Or perhaps just due to the size of the pieces, I don't know.

The duck shit tea gives me a Wisconsin scenario. Boy brings duck shit tea to his school class, and announces it's duck shit cuz it's true and he thinks it's funny. The teacher who doesn't know squat thinks he's being cheeky and sends him to the office where the secretary calls his mother. Mother is annoyed, not because he brought duck shit tea to school, nor because he thinks it's funny, but because she had to leave work to pick him up.
I tried the chocolate shu as well. It had a very interesting fruity note, didn't it? At first my wife thought something was wrong with it, but I think that's just how this one goes. I rather liked it and found it very unique.

Nov 20th, '14, 13:03

by Cwyn » Nov 20th, '14, 13:03

It is incredibly clean and clear, now that I got my method down of the cold soak plus two boiling water rinses. I ordered more of this. But now my sister started drinking shou, I have a nagging feeling that my shou stock is gonna dwindle fast. Slight anxiety starting to set in...

Nov 20th, '14, 18:57

by drinking_teas » Nov 20th, '14, 18:57

Cwyn wrote:It is incredibly clean and clear, now that I got my method down of the cold soak plus two boiling water rinses. I ordered more of this. But now my sister started drinking shou, I have a nagging feeling that my shou stock is gonna dwindle fast. Slight anxiety starting to set in...
aka another excuse to buy more tea

+ Post Reply