zen8tea quality?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Nov 30th, '14, 08:06

zen8tea quality?

by anabol » Nov 30th, '14, 08:06

Hi everyone,
This vendor's tea priced very competitvley. I assume their Dayuling and Lishan are probably not of the highest grade - but are they decent?
The alternative is TeaVivre - which for me was not also top grade.
For example - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Taiwan-High ... 3cd4fe23e8

Would love to hear your opinion.

Nov 30th, '14, 22:35

Re: zen8tea quality?

by Hannah » Nov 30th, '14, 22:35

I've bought teaware from them a few times - always been happy with that at least. Every time I've had an oolong sample included, some has been ok, nothing amazing though..
Dragon tea house seemed a better bet for tea as far as ebay went - ordered from them a few times and been pretty happy with them. I only use them for cheap daily drinking tea though - for anything where you want good quality perhaps look elsewhere (some awesome info on the vendor threads on teachat! :mrgreen:)

Dec 6th, '14, 03:19
Scrolling: scrolling

by ABx » Dec 6th, '14, 03:19

Her teas are commercial grade. If you can keep that in mind, and not try to compare to high-end hand made stuff, then it can be a good value for everyday stuff.

Her teas are almost always vacuum packed, though, which makes sampling difficult. It will usually take a few pots before the leaf will acclimate and you'll get a decent brew. Until then your steeps can be a bit thin and bitter; it's just what happens with vacuum packed teas.

May 2nd, '21, 13:48

by ArnoldT1st » May 2nd, '21, 13:48

anabol wrote: Hi everyone,
This vendor's tea priced very competitvley. I assume their Dayuling and Lishan are probably not of the highest grade - but are they decent?
The alternative is TeaVivre - which for me was not also top grade.
For example - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Taiwan-High ... 3cd4fe23e8

Would love to hear your opinion.
I think the oolong tea is superb. I find it very difficult to find oolong that carries the sweet notes of 30% fermentation and that fully stimulates the olfactories with each sip. I go nuts for the smell of the 'Top Taiwan High Mountain Shanlinxi / Shan-Lin-Xi Oolong 30% Roasted'. The smell combined with the taste is delicious.

May 31st, '21, 19:45

by bagua7 » May 31st, '21, 19:45

They sell quality HM oolongs. I buy regularly from Melody, the Taiwanese lady that runs the site.

Long Feng Xia (Shanlinxi varietal) is one of my favourites due to the rich nutty notes it yields.

+ Post Reply