Dec 8th, '14, 22:26
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 1st, '13, 23:03

Yixing teapot identification

by doktor_glas » Dec 8th, '14, 22:26

Hi,

I found a small teapot today, and was wondering if it could be a yixing zisha clay teapot, or it is of newer make with ordinary clay.

Also, I don't read Chinese so if anyone could interpret the bottom stamp for me I would be very grateful.
IMG_20141208_225622.JPG
DSC_0123-picsay.JPG
Best regards,
Dr G
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Dec 9th, '14, 02:22
Posts: 1657
Joined: Sep 2nd, '13, 07:22
Location: in your tea closet
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Yixing teapot identification

by kyarazen » Dec 9th, '14, 02:22

guangxi material perhaps.

guangxi qin zhou pot. the qinzhou material is not too bad actually but had lived in the shadows of yixing for almost forever, and never experienced much value appreciation :(

User avatar
Dec 9th, '14, 02:41
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mar 23rd, '08, 02:26
Location: Yixing

Re: Yixing teapot identification

by chrl42 » Dec 9th, '14, 02:41

Above pic just says "Zhongguo (China) Qinzhou".

It's Guangxi Qinzhou's Nixingtao...has a history since the late-Qing (Xianfeng). :)

Dec 10th, '14, 13:18
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 1st, '13, 23:03

Re: Yixing teapot identification

by doktor_glas » Dec 10th, '14, 13:18

Thanks a lot, both of you!

I guess the most important question now is: will it brew good tea? I will have to test it. :)

User avatar
Dec 10th, '14, 14:29
Posts: 1657
Joined: Sep 2nd, '13, 07:22
Location: in your tea closet
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Yixing teapot identification

by kyarazen » Dec 10th, '14, 14:29

doktor_glas wrote:Thanks a lot, both of you!

I guess the most important question now is: will it brew good tea? I will have to test it. :)
it should do ok :)

Feb 21st, '15, 09:35
Posts: 7
Joined: Dec 30th, '13, 07:23
Location: Prague

Re: Yixing teapot identification

by Davcha » Feb 21st, '15, 09:35

I dont want create a new topic, so I'm asking here. I bought a new pot, can someone please read what it writen on it? Thanx :) Stamp on my blog: https://prekvapenycajem.wordpress.com/2 ... drobnosti/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.