Gross, Overly Bitter Tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Feb 5th, '15, 00:54

Gross, Overly Bitter Tea

by Dryicefox » Feb 5th, '15, 00:54

Did anyone receieve tea in December of 2014 that was overly gross or bitter?

I want to know this because the two orders that I received of the same product which were ordered at two separate times both turned out horrid. Both of the 8oz Blueberry White teas were of extremely low quality, even lower than tea bag quality. I have run my tea through the filter of an extra ingenuitea mesh that I have 3 times and have extremely cloudy tea that tastes like ash with a hint of blueberry.

Feb 5th, '15, 08:08
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Gross, Overly Bitter Tea

by Chip » Feb 5th, '15, 08:08

... moving this to the Flavored Tea forum.

Have you contacted the vendor(s) directly?

Feb 5th, '15, 11:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 5th, '15, 11:17

Most of us have discovered that recapturing a past favorite is often a futile endeavor as so many variables come into play. It can also become an expensive game of chasing our tails. :wink:

We have also discovered that a disappointing reorder is often a great opportunity to move on and discover new and often better selections.

Of you have not done so yet, maybe trying some non flavored teas to discover how they taste and smell in their pure state.

May 3rd, '15, 01:29

by Dryicefox » May 3rd, '15, 01:29

Sorry for the terribly late response. :oops:
But yes, I've moved on. Actually I have made some today due to running out of what I have aptly dubbed "high-res blueberry white," a tea made from Snowbud and Blueberries.

Although, my tea is still extremely black; which confounds me to the deepest degree. It is somewhat bitter, but not as terrible as before. Maybe aging has smoothened it?

+ Post Reply