Moving to Thailand

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Feb 10th, '15, 19:56

Moving to Thailand

by DVS » Feb 10th, '15, 19:56

I am moving to Thailand in two months. Do any Tea Chatters have any recommendation for good tea shops in Thailand and Malaysia that specialize in pureh.

I know about Teadezhang in Bangkok... I have a few cakes from them. Definitely going to check them out when I get there.

Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Feb 10th, '15, 23:48

Re: Moving to Thailand

by Tead Off » Feb 10th, '15, 23:48

Let me know when you get here and I'll fill you in on what I know.

Where are you moving to?

Feb 11th, '15, 17:02

by bankung » Feb 11th, '15, 17:02

I don't think there are any shop other than teadezhang that sell high quality puerh and yixing pot in Thailand. There is one authorised dayi shop, if you are interested in factory tea.

Feb 11th, '15, 19:56

by DVS » Feb 11th, '15, 19:56

Tead Off wrote:Let me know when you get here and I'll fill you in on what I know.

Where are you moving to?

Tead Off, thanks I appreciate that. I will definitely hit you up when we get in town. I am going to be living on Koh Yao Noi. but I don't start work till July, so the wife and I are going to travel around Thailand and Myanmar and Malaysia. We are going to spend a few days in Bangkok.
bankung wrote:I don't think there are any shop other than teadezhang that sell high quality puerh and yixing pot in Thailand. There is one authorised dayi shop, if you are interested in factory tea.
Bankung, I am more interested in boutique puerhs than big factory teas. That being said, I wouldn't mind checking out the dayi shop. Please pm me the address.

Feb 15th, '15, 00:08

by Puerlife » Feb 15th, '15, 00:08

If your travels take you to Chiang Mai drop me a line. Have tea, will serve.

Feb 15th, '15, 15:13

by DVS » Feb 15th, '15, 15:13

Puerlife wrote:If your travels take you to Chiang Mai drop me a line. Have tea, will serve.
Puerlife, I will be traveling to Chang Mai. Thank you for the invitation... I will definitely drop you a line when I get in town.

Feb 15th, '15, 20:36

by Puerlife » Feb 15th, '15, 20:36

DVS wrote:
Puerlife wrote:If your travels take you to Chiang Mai drop me a line. Have tea, will serve.
Puerlife, I will be traveling to Chang Mai. Thank you for the invitation... I will definitely drop you a line when I get in town.
+1 :D

Oct 12th, '15, 20:35

by lysander » Oct 12th, '15, 20:35

Hi, I'm also living in Bangkok, joined the forum today.

Already checked out the pu'er place Teadezhang, really good.

There's a great tea cafe opened in park lane Ekamai, serves gong fu style, lots of good oolongs, British raised half chineese guy who's become a friend and taught me a lot about tea.

https://www.facebook.com/7sevensuns?fref=ts

Oct 12th, '15, 21:44

by Ratbert » Oct 12th, '15, 21:44

There's quite a number of tea shops if u are headed to Malaysia.

The ones nearest to thailand would be in the state of Penang (which is one of the northern states) and if u head to the nation's capital of Kuala Lumpur and the city of Petaling Jaya, there are quite a number of them as well.

Jan 15th, '19, 03:24

by Ludovitche » Jan 15th, '19, 03:24

I've lived in Chiang Mai for years, but I'm very new to Pu-Erh tea... And tea, actually.

Question : where do you buy ?

I've mostly ordered online until now, Yunnan Sourcing and Chawang Shop.
Anything I should be careful with ? Did you ever have issues with Thai customs ?
Are customs still taxing EMS parcels as I read somewhere on this forum ?

I could avoid the hassle and the wait by buying locally, but I don't know where yet.

I did find 2 shops selling various Chiang Rai 'pu erh' (I have yet to try their products, will let you know).
And I did find websites that can send me 'real' pu-erh from Bangkok.

What I didn't find yet is a place specialized in pu-erh, where I can physically go in Chiang Mai, and have a friendly conversation face to face.
Do you know such a place ?

Jan 21st, '19, 21:31

by mr mopu » Jan 21st, '19, 21:31

Ludovitche wrote: I've lived in Chiang Mai for years, but I'm very new to Pu-Erh tea... And tea, actually.

Question : where do you buy ?

I've mostly ordered online until now, Yunnan Sourcing and Chawang Shop.
Anything I should be careful with ? Did you ever have issues with Thai customs ?
Are customs still taxing EMS parcels as I read somewhere on this forum ?

I could avoid the hassle and the wait by buying locally, but I don't know where yet.

I did find 2 shops selling various Chiang Rai 'pu erh' (I have yet to try their products, will let you know).
And I did find websites that can send me 'real' pu-erh from Bangkok.

What I didn't find yet is a place specialized in pu-erh, where I can physically go in Chiang Mai, and have a friendly conversation face to face.
Do you know such a place ?
The writer of this blog may have some more insight. I think you are in the same part of the world as he is.
http://teaintheancientworld.blogspot.com/

Jan 22nd, '19, 01:28

by Ludovitche » Jan 22nd, '19, 01:28

Thank you, I'll check it when I go to Bangkok.
But since I rarely go to Bangkok, anyone has advice specifically about Chiang Mai ?

Jan 24th, '19, 21:52

by mr mopu » Jan 24th, '19, 21:52

Ludovitche wrote: Thank you, I'll check it when I go to Bangkok.
But since I rarely go to Bangkok, anyone has advice specifically about Chiang Mai ?
John could probably give you some good insights. He may be familiar with where you are at.

+ Post Reply