Assam Melody vs Assam Harmony

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.


User avatar
Nov 8th, '06, 11:48
Posts: 402
Joined: Jun 15th, '05, 21:35
Location: Norristown, PA
Contact: jogrebe

Assam Melody vs Assam Harmony

by jogrebe » Nov 8th, '06, 11:48

How much of a difference is there between Assam Melody and Assam Harmony that Adagio sells beyond the Melody being close to double the price? It seems as if there is not that big of a difference if the Melody is rated 4.3 and the Harmony 4.4. For those of you that have tried both would you say that the difference is noticeable enough to pay close to double for Assam Harmony over just buying Assam Melody?
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Nov 30th, '06, 13:10

by Deleted User #115 » Nov 30th, '06, 13:10

Well, Assam tea is actually my favorite tea. I've had both and actually prefer the melody for some reason. They are distinctly different to me, but I also have atleast 8 different Assam teas and they all taste distictly different. It's not so bad for the sample costs to find out for yourself $2 vs $3.. That's a pretty cheap sample either way. Cheap as buying only one cup of tea in a tearoom.

User avatar
Dec 27th, '06, 19:16
Posts: 56
Joined: Dec 22nd, '06, 13:55
Contact: expatCanuck

by expatCanuck » Dec 27th, '06, 19:16

LadyArden wrote:Well, Assam tea is actually my favorite tea. ...
Interesting. I've recently been (re)discovering tea. Assam Harmony and Keemun Encore are the only black teas I dislike from the dozen or more samples I've ordered. (I've not tried Assam Melody.)

Yes, I've played with the steeping. Great colour, lovely sweet aroma, but kind of bland taste and a peppery, astringent aftertaste that I find unpleasant.

Go figure ... ;7) .

Dec 30th, '06, 17:59
Posts: 33
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 16:41

by kissmyhuman » Dec 30th, '06, 17:59

Why not mix the two and call it Assam Symphony! Sorry.... I couldn't resist.

+ Post Reply