Hi, I haven't been around te tea forums in a while, but I just placed a new Adagio order and I'm so excited about it I just had to come here and gush about it. My fiance forbid me from buying new teas until I drank up some of my others -but now I have, so I'm getting some old favs and some new ones too including:
yunnan jig sample (new)
darjeeling #2 sample (fav.)
golden monkey 4oz (Best Tea ever! -Fav.)
mambo sample (new)
black savant sampler (all new)
oriental spice 4oz (makes the best Chai)
vanilla 4oz (fav)
blackberry sample (new)
genmai cha sample (new)
green pekoe 2oz (fav -got hooked on this one through Teachef)
berry blues sample (fav)
pumpkin spice 4oz (fav)
Congrats on the new tea order! I'm currently waiting on an order myself, and the new TriniTEA, which should be shipping out tomorrow. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself, to be honest.
I'm sampling the pu-erhs poe & dante (I've recently discovered pu-erh tea...yummy!), plain rooibus, and am getting 4 oz. of the Chestnut tea, which surprisingly is my new favorite flavored tea for the season (sipping it now!). I love the yunnan jig and yunnan gold - I'm not fond of many of Adagio's flavored teas (not "flavored" enough for me - it may just be that I don't like the base tea), but I do love the yunnan's and irish breakfast. I'm working my way through the holiday sampler though, and the gingerbread smells pretty good. The Chestnut truely is wonderful.
As for your fiance...you'll just have to play around with delivery timing. With my husband, I simply time my "tea deliveries" for when he's going to be out of town if possible, or make sure that I get to the mail before he does when I'm expecting tea. That works pretty well. I go on a "tea binge" about once every 6 months or so, and buy tea from all my favorite companies around the same time, restocking my never-empty tea cupboard.
I also have gotten him into tea drinking, which makes him curious about what I've gotten, and whether he'll like any of it or not (he likes stout, full-bodied blacks, no flavors or "lighter" teas). So I make sure to order at least a sample of something he can try, which seems to please him and make him forget that I already have a cupboard full of tea to drink.
I'm sampling the pu-erhs poe & dante (I've recently discovered pu-erh tea...yummy!), plain rooibus, and am getting 4 oz. of the Chestnut tea, which surprisingly is my new favorite flavored tea for the season (sipping it now!). I love the yunnan jig and yunnan gold - I'm not fond of many of Adagio's flavored teas (not "flavored" enough for me - it may just be that I don't like the base tea), but I do love the yunnan's and irish breakfast. I'm working my way through the holiday sampler though, and the gingerbread smells pretty good. The Chestnut truely is wonderful.
As for your fiance...you'll just have to play around with delivery timing. With my husband, I simply time my "tea deliveries" for when he's going to be out of town if possible, or make sure that I get to the mail before he does when I'm expecting tea. That works pretty well. I go on a "tea binge" about once every 6 months or so, and buy tea from all my favorite companies around the same time, restocking my never-empty tea cupboard.
I also have gotten him into tea drinking, which makes him curious about what I've gotten, and whether he'll like any of it or not (he likes stout, full-bodied blacks, no flavors or "lighter" teas). So I make sure to order at least a sample of something he can try, which seems to please him and make him forget that I already have a cupboard full of tea to drink.
Hi Jamie, thanks for your reply. I'm glad you're excited about a new order -and a TriniTEA, how great! I couldn't agree with you more about the Chesnut. I actually didn't order the Gingerbread or Chesnut this year only because I'm still working through the 8oz ones I ordered last fall. I LOVE all their holiday teas, but especially chesnut and gingerbread.
I like Roobios teas too, Adagio has really expanded my horizons from lipton bags to greens and red and white and all types of tea. I'm really looking forward to the Yunans -been wanting to try them forever. But I haven't really aquired the taste for pu-erh yet. I've only had it once or twice. I didn't dislike it, but it wouldn't be my first choice -but I've never tried it from Adagio, only a strawberry pu-erh from Teavanna. I do like some flavored teas, but I like flavoring subtle. My favorite flavored teas are usually the ones with spices like Christmas and Oriental Spice. I'm hoping blackberry is good though. The vanilla is the one tea for the fiance -it's his favorite so just like you described you're out of you're tea honey, oops I have to order more!
I'll have to be sure and put it in the cabinet when he's not looking so he doesn't know how much I ordered.
Good idea!
Thanks again and cheers on your order. Hope they get here soon -it's going to be like Christmas early!
I like Roobios teas too, Adagio has really expanded my horizons from lipton bags to greens and red and white and all types of tea. I'm really looking forward to the Yunans -been wanting to try them forever. But I haven't really aquired the taste for pu-erh yet. I've only had it once or twice. I didn't dislike it, but it wouldn't be my first choice -but I've never tried it from Adagio, only a strawberry pu-erh from Teavanna. I do like some flavored teas, but I like flavoring subtle. My favorite flavored teas are usually the ones with spices like Christmas and Oriental Spice. I'm hoping blackberry is good though. The vanilla is the one tea for the fiance -it's his favorite so just like you described you're out of you're tea honey, oops I have to order more!
Thanks again and cheers on your order. Hope they get here soon -it's going to be like Christmas early!
Hi, too busy drinking them to review them all.
I drank 6-7 cups a day when I first got them. Let's see...
Darjeeling #1 -wonderful taste, really enjoying it.
Darjeeling #2 -I was reordering because I enjoy it. Seems lighter than #1 a bit. Still my fav darjeeling.
Assam Harmony -have tried before, still really like it though I prefer melody
Mambo -added to my list of favorites, really a great flavor
Keemun encore -Very dark, black tea too "rich" for me except some early mornings, reminds me of Irish breakfast tea. Good, but not all day.
Berry blues- a tisane not tea, but it's really enjoyable with the little fruits and fresh flavor.
Blackberry -really liked this flavored tea. I think blackberry goes well with teas. Glad I ordered it when I did -think they've run out of it for now.
Genmai Cha -glad I only ordered a sample. Smells fantastic but tastes like seaweed, ew. Poured half of my cup out to be honest. Sorry.
Pumpkin spice Lovely, smooth flavor unlike other teas without being too artificial. I drank this one right away even though I had so many new ones to try. It's perfect for the colder months.
Green Pekoe -a reorder, very nice, clean green tea that is not spinachy
Oriental Spice -a reorder, makes great chai but I've been too busy drinking pumpkin lately to quaff much of this one
Golden Monkey Still my favorite tea ever, though mambo has joined the list below this one.
Vanilla Great for curbing a sweet tooth without the calories -I've had the most of this tea than all ofthe teas because my faince drinks it with me.
yunan gold -Very nice, but not as distinctive as I'd hoped. Good mellow tea though, quite nice flavor. Not as strong as many blacks but tasty.
yunan jig-nice mellow tea, stronger than the gold in flavor
Overall -always love the quality of Adagio teas. I was really happy to add a few more to my list of favs -blackberry and Mambo, but disspointed that genmai cha wasn't my cup of tea -looks so fun too. I've been waiting ages to order it. Really happy with my order and drinking more tea than ever with these new selections. Thanks for asking!
Darjeeling #1 -wonderful taste, really enjoying it.
Darjeeling #2 -I was reordering because I enjoy it. Seems lighter than #1 a bit. Still my fav darjeeling.
Assam Harmony -have tried before, still really like it though I prefer melody
Mambo -added to my list of favorites, really a great flavor
Keemun encore -Very dark, black tea too "rich" for me except some early mornings, reminds me of Irish breakfast tea. Good, but not all day.
Berry blues- a tisane not tea, but it's really enjoyable with the little fruits and fresh flavor.
Blackberry -really liked this flavored tea. I think blackberry goes well with teas. Glad I ordered it when I did -think they've run out of it for now.
Genmai Cha -glad I only ordered a sample. Smells fantastic but tastes like seaweed, ew. Poured half of my cup out to be honest. Sorry.
Pumpkin spice Lovely, smooth flavor unlike other teas without being too artificial. I drank this one right away even though I had so many new ones to try. It's perfect for the colder months.
Green Pekoe -a reorder, very nice, clean green tea that is not spinachy
Oriental Spice -a reorder, makes great chai but I've been too busy drinking pumpkin lately to quaff much of this one
Golden Monkey Still my favorite tea ever, though mambo has joined the list below this one.
Vanilla Great for curbing a sweet tooth without the calories -I've had the most of this tea than all ofthe teas because my faince drinks it with me.
yunan gold -Very nice, but not as distinctive as I'd hoped. Good mellow tea though, quite nice flavor. Not as strong as many blacks but tasty.
yunan jig-nice mellow tea, stronger than the gold in flavor
Overall -always love the quality of Adagio teas. I was really happy to add a few more to my list of favs -blackberry and Mambo, but disspointed that genmai cha wasn't my cup of tea -looks so fun too. I've been waiting ages to order it. Really happy with my order and drinking more tea than ever with these new selections. Thanks for asking!
Looks like you've been busy with your samples, Lady Arden! How fun...thanks for posting brief reviews as well. I may have to order some samples of the mambo & Golden Monkey to try for myself.
I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't had a chance to try my puerh samples or the plain rooibus yet. I've been working my way through the holiday sampler (reviews are on my blog if anyone is interested, and I did post some in the appropriate Adagio site pages), as well as some teas from other companies (I have a real problem staying loyal to one company for tea...I love each company I order from for something different though, so it all works out).
I can say that one of the puerhs smells much better than the other, which has very little scent at all. Perhaps I'll bring the plain rooibos to work with me this afternoon to try.
I love, love, love the new triniTEA maker though...I've been using it for flavored blacks and recently a white tea, and all have turned out just lovely, and stayed nicely warm on the hot plate until I need a refill. Ingenious invention, really...though it did take a few tries before all the seals and such "settled" so I didn't get water everywhere. Works perfectly every time now though, so I'm not complaining.
I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't had a chance to try my puerh samples or the plain rooibus yet. I've been working my way through the holiday sampler (reviews are on my blog if anyone is interested, and I did post some in the appropriate Adagio site pages), as well as some teas from other companies (I have a real problem staying loyal to one company for tea...I love each company I order from for something different though, so it all works out).
I can say that one of the puerhs smells much better than the other, which has very little scent at all. Perhaps I'll bring the plain rooibos to work with me this afternoon to try.
I love, love, love the new triniTEA maker though...I've been using it for flavored blacks and recently a white tea, and all have turned out just lovely, and stayed nicely warm on the hot plate until I need a refill. Ingenious invention, really...though it did take a few tries before all the seals and such "settled" so I didn't get water everywhere. Works perfectly every time now though, so I'm not complaining.