New cake!!!

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jun 4th, '18, 08:20

Re: New cake!!!

by 12Tea » Jun 4th, '18, 08:20

bagua7 wrote: My recommendation: stay away from LBZ and greedy modern Chinese who are purely there for the profit rather than preserving the jewel of Yunnan province, one of the few pristine and traditional areas left in modern China.
It's easy to just say one should stay away from LBZ, but aren't the same economic incentives at play in other regions as well? There's no transparency, there's absolutely no way for me to judge whether a cake I purchase is produced in a sustainable way.

Jun 4th, '18, 09:22

by ShuShu » Jun 4th, '18, 09:22

12Tea wrote:
bagua7 wrote: My recommendation: stay away from LBZ and greedy modern Chinese who are purely there for the profit rather than preserving the jewel of Yunnan province, one of the few pristine and traditional areas left in modern China.
It's easy to just say one should stay away from LBZ, but aren't the same economic incentives at play in other regions as well? There's no transparency, there's absolutely no way for me to judge whether a cake I purchase is produced in a sustainable way.
True. But some areas are just branded so much that it really becomes a problem. Another example would be Zhengyan yancha or gaoshan from Alishan.

Jun 4th, '18, 09:24

by ShuShu » Jun 4th, '18, 09:24

I might also add that this is why I mostly buy from small vendors or boutique vendors that sell only what they think is very good. In my view, at least with respect to pu-erh, this is a big advantage of vendors like White2Tea.

Jun 4th, '18, 21:30

by mr mopu » Jun 4th, '18, 21:30

ShuShu wrote: I might also add that this is why I mostly buy from small vendors or boutique vendors that sell only what they think is very good. In my view, at least with respect to pu-erh, this is a big advantage of vendors like White2Tea.
I am with you on the smaller ones. I still buy factory stuff but the small guys find some interesting things.

+ Post Reply