May 22nd, '18, 12:13

Does mood effect your tasting abilities?

by VanFersen » May 22nd, '18, 12:13

I was just wondering today because today seems to be a strange day. I can't say what it is but I am not as happy with my tea sessions as I normally am. I have a really sensitive nose and tasting buds and normally I taste a lot but today everything seems a bit flat.

Have you ever noticed that on some days you get more out of the same tea as on others maybe because of your mood or condition on that particular day?

May 23rd, '18, 16:41

Re: Does mood effect your tasting abilities?

by DrJacoby » May 23rd, '18, 16:41

Absolutely! There are so many factors that affect tea sensory experience, and mood is certainly one of them for me. Like with a lot of things in life, mindfulness goes a long way in improving the experience--the more you focus on the tea experience, the more you'll probably get out of it. And if you're in a bad mood, I would bet practicing mindfulness may actually improve/distract from the mood, so the benefit would be double-edged!

May 23rd, '18, 22:11

Re: Does mood effect your tasting abilities?

by Senlin » May 23rd, '18, 22:11

DrJacoby wrote: Absolutely! There are so many factors that affect tea sensory experience, and mood is certainly one of them for me. Like with a lot of things in life, mindfulness goes a long way in improving the experience--the more you focus on the tea experience, the more you'll probably get out of it. And if you're in a bad mood, I would bet practicing mindfulness may actually improve/distract from the mood, so the benefit would be double-edged!
+1

I do agree : mood is an important factor.

+ Post Reply