German tea market - how does it work?

Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

Jun 27th, '18, 06:47

German tea market - how does it work?

by sugataishi » Jun 27th, '18, 06:47

I have made my first order for Japanese teas in Germany (Tee Kiel Kantor). Everything was perfect in terms of service.
But I have noticed that there are tons of tea stores, smaller, bigger, everything. I wonder why? Why does Geremany have such a market for tea. And how it works? What is a chance to get a good tea? Are those tea bio and organic as they claim?

Jun 27th, '18, 11:51

Re: German tea market - how does it work?

by Teske » Jun 27th, '18, 11:51

sugataishi wrote: I have made my first order for Japanese teas in Germany (Tee Kiel Kantor). Everything was perfect in terms of service.
But I have noticed that there are tons of tea stores, smaller, bigger, everything. I wonder why? Why does Geremany have such a market for tea. And how it works? What is a chance to get a good tea? Are those tea bio and organic as they claim?
Tea hast quite a history in Germany and quite its own culture based around the northwestern region. Lots of people adapt to teas with aroma, flowers, fruits or the more traditional teas. After all Germany is the country of niches I guess.

Tee Kontor Kiel is known in the tea community in Germany and I would definately trust them if they say a tea is bio or organic. Tea shops can get in a lot of trouble if falsely advertising.

You can get some very good puer and oolong here for my taste :)

+ Post Reply