Jun 30th, '18, 16:02

Purion

by Puerh3 » Jun 30th, '18, 16:02

Hi!

What you guys are thinking about purion? Is it natural or there some chemical in it?

I am looking into buying lin’s purion kettle.

I already got a lin’s gong fu cha and It seem nice!

Thank you!

Cheers!

Jul 9th, '18, 07:41

Re: Purion

by OCTO » Jul 9th, '18, 07:41

The Purion kettle boils a little softer compared to the cast iron kettle.

So far no main issues using one. I would usually rotate it with my cast iron for a different dimension to the brew.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 11th, '18, 22:19

by Puerh3 » Jul 11th, '18, 22:19

OCTO wrote: The Purion kettle boils a little softer compared to the cast iron kettle.

So far no main issues using one. I would usually rotate it with my cast iron for a different dimension to the brew.

Cheers!

Cool! I am looking to buy a kettle!
I love my purion gong fu :)

Cheers!!

Jul 12th, '18, 05:27

by andresito » Jul 12th, '18, 05:27

OCTO wrote: The Purion kettle boils a little softer compared to the cast iron kettle.

Do you use a gaiwan when you use purion kettle? Or do you use it with yixing (and if so, which type of yixing clay do you like to use purion with?)

Jul 12th, '18, 08:29

by OCTO » Jul 12th, '18, 08:29

andresito wrote:

Do you use a gaiwan when you use purion kettle?
I always use GaiWan to test/cup tea that I first receive before moving on to using teapots. Irregardless of what kettle I use. Each kettle made of different materials gives you different dynamics and dimension to the tea you brew. I prefer to match kettle to tea rather than kettle to pot.

[/quote]
Or do you use it with yixing (and if so, which type of yixing clay do you like to use purion with?)[/quote]

I use my Purion kettle with any Yixing teapot which best matches my tea brewed with water boiled with the Purion kettle.

Using a standard stainless steel / aluminum kettle as a benchmark, I would say the Purion boils water a little sweeter and smoother to the pallets. The kettle achieves a boil faster than the cast iron, but slower than induction.

Hope this helps... cheers!

+ Post Reply