FS: Two zisha teapots by Yang Jian

Tea or pot doesn't float your boat? Find it a new home here.

Jul 27th 18 1:33 am

FS: Two zisha teapots by Yang Jian

by Maxwell2079 » Jul 27th 18 1:33 am

Hi guys!

These 2 teapots come from a craftsman or craft artist level I met in Guangdong by chance. He invited me some tea and with my limited mandarin we had a nice conversation. He showed me his studio, some of his works and also some works of his master.
Despite the rank of this artist is not high, his teapots are quite good and also the clay he uses.
When I asked about the clay he said it was from Huang Long mountain, place not mine anymore, which has very good quality clay.

Both teapots come with high quality box, tea towel and certificate of authenticity.

1-Name: He Ping Hu (teapot of peace)
size: 100 ml
Clay: Hong qing shui ni (as stated in the certificate, i guess it translates as pure red clay)
Period of making: 2016 (the clay used is not modern, it´s from Huang Long mountain)
Seal: Yang Jian
Filter: 7 hole
Firing: medium-high

The design of the teapot represents the dove of peace.
He won several awards for his original design in 2015 at important exhibitions in Xiamen and Shenzhen. The teapot comes with a copy of the certificate of a first prize awarded at the International Cultural Expo Fair (ICEF) in Shenzhen.

Even though I haven´t used it much it is already getting some nice patina. I have tried this pot with yancha and dancong oolongs, the shape of the pot accommodates the tea leaves very well. To my palate the clay preserves the high notes of these teas and also gives good mouthfeel.
Craftsmanship wise is nearly perfect (only has tooling mark under lid and handle not perfectly straight) , lid fit is perfect , no dripping. No chips or scratches.

Price: $115+shipping
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
capture3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Maxwell2079 on Jul 27th 18 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 27th 18 1:51 am

Re: FS: Two zisha teapots by Yang Jian

by Maxwell2079 » Jul 27th 18 1:51 am

2-Name: Li Xing Hu (pear shaped teapot)
Size: 145 ml
Clay: zi ni
Period of making: 2016 (the clay used is not modern, it´s from Huang Long mountain)
Seal: Yang Jian
Filter: 7 hole
Firing: medium-high

As with the previous pot I haven´t used it much it but is already developing some nice patina. However, when I first saw it in the maker´s studio I realised he had been using it, since under the lid was kind of darker in color. I have tried this pot with aged sheng with good results, I have to admit that I love this shape because is very practical , the mouth is rather wide and its round body gives plenty of room for leaf expansion.
Craftsmanship wise is nearly perfect (the handle not perfectly straight though) , lid fit is perfect ,no dripping. No chips or scratches.

Price: $115+shipping
lixing3.JPG
lixing1.JPG
lixing2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Maxwell2079 on Jul 27th 18 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jul 27th 18 2:09 am

Re: FS: Two zisha teapots by Yang Jian

by Maxwell2079 » Jul 27th 18 2:09 am

Some pictures for you to see from the studio.
hong ni ore of he ping hu.JPG