Tea breaks in China

Culture, language, tangibles, intangibles from countries known for tea. China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, India, etc...

Aug 22nd, '18, 07:49

Tea breaks in China

by Fengzhe » Aug 22nd, '18, 07:49

Hi, I am new here and I'm also new to tea. Although I’ve been living and working in China for 6 years and, believe it or not, have only discovered tea in the last few months!

I travel almost every week, to different areas in China, though primarily in the south this last year. One morning I ran out of coffee while on the road and went to the shop to buy some instant. They didn’t have any, but I saw this display of tea - it looked very attractive and interesting. I thought, well, that’s caffeine too, I’ll just buy a pack. I had no idea what kind it was, just that the package looked nice. It turned out to be Tie Guan Yin from Fujian province and it blew me away! I was not expecting that taste at all!

Since then, Ive bought a tea board, a gaiwan, an yixing and of course lots of tea. I have been going to tea shops in the cities I work in and trying lots of tea. I will try to post some experiences here.
Attachments
IMG_9872-2.jpg

Aug 28th, '18, 12:15
Mod/Admin

Re: Tea breaks in China

by AndrewGC » Aug 28th, '18, 12:15

Awesome, Fengzhe! Can't wait to hear more about your travels!

Aug 28th, '18, 12:15
Mod/Admin

Re: Tea breaks in China

by AndrewGC » Aug 28th, '18, 12:15

Awesome, Fengzhe! Can't wait to hear more about your travels!

+ Post Reply