Dear all,
Besides some Yixing tea ware, I happen to own a 'phoenix and dragon' Yixing clay vase.
The red clay seems to have an attraction I cannot resist.
The mysterious 10 character mark is a big mystery to me, which is why I would ask your assistance again. Would any of you be able and so kind to explain its meaning to me?
Apologies for the somehow vague pictures; its kind of difficult to photograph (lots of shade).
I would like to especially thank Carmeleono; your help has been highly appreciated.
Thanks!
Best regards,
Myra
ID request 10 character Yixing mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: ID request 10 character Yixing mark
I've found someone able to clarify the characters.
Apparently, this vase is made of Xi'an clay; well known for its terracotta army.
Best regards,
Myra
Apparently, this vase is made of Xi'an clay; well known for its terracotta army.
Best regards,
Myra