Opinion on 2004 puer Brick

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Feb 13th, '19, 03:10

Opinion on 2004 puer Brick

by Teobazbo » Feb 13th, '19, 03:10

Hello everybody these days I'm tasting some puerh shu samples.
I tried a brick of 2004 that has a light but constant taste woody and plum notes never a hint of "fish"in all infusions, the liquor is not very viscous but the person who advised me believes it is better than others who gave me.Now I ask you according to you, is correct that the taste remains so light? I noticed that it never takes harsh notes and this seems to me a merit but its delicacy leaves me uncertain.I'm tasting also some Tuocha of 5 years ago with a good aftertaste and this does not help me :x at all!!

Feb 19th, '19, 22:48

Re: Opinion on 2004 puer Brick

by mr mopu » Feb 19th, '19, 22:48

Teobazbo wrote: Hello everybody these days I'm tasting some puerh shu samples.
I tried a brick of 2004 that has a light but constant taste woody and plum notes never a hint of "fish"in all infusions, the liquor is not very viscous but the person who advised me believes it is better than others who gave me.Now I ask you according to you, is correct that the taste remains so light? I noticed that it never takes harsh notes and this seems to me a merit but its delicacy leaves me uncertain.I'm tasting also some Tuocha of 5 years ago with a good aftertaste and this does not help me :x at all!!

Depends on fermentation time. Those with more are deeper in taste and short shou processes mean lighter tasting shou. The no fishiness is a plus.

Feb 19th, '19, 23:09

Re: Opinion on 2004 puer Brick

by Zared » Feb 19th, '19, 23:09

Looks like it’s mostly made from larger yellow leaf which inturn makes it weaker. It’s basically scraps that don’t make it into better quality cakes.

+ Post Reply