Teavana storage time limit?

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Mar 21st, '19, 09:37

Teavana storage time limit?

by MikkiTmomoffive » Mar 21st, '19, 09:37

I have a tin of Teavana Citrus Lavendar sage & opus rouge tea. My daughter purchased for me a while back. The product is still dry in the canister but it doesn’t have a “use by” date. How will I know if it’s too old to use? Simple question but I don’t know much about teas. It smells strong but I think it’s just the combo not bad persay. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

Apr 3rd, '19, 14:59
Mod/Admin

Re: Teavana storage time limit?

by AndrewGC » Apr 3rd, '19, 14:59

Hey MikkiTmomoffive!

Dry teas don't really 'expire' the same way other products do. The worst that might happen is they lose a little flavor after a few years. If it still smells great, and the leaves/ingredients weren't exposed to dust, then go for it! You can always make a little test cup and see if you still enjoy the flavor! At Adagio, we let our customers know that teas are good for years to come when stored properly! Hope this helps!
MikkiTmomoffive wrote: I have a tin of Teavana Citrus Lavendar sage & opus rouge tea. My daughter purchased for me a while back. The product is still dry in the canister but it doesn’t have a “use by” date. How will I know if it’s too old to use? Simple question but I don’t know much about teas. It smells strong but I think it’s just the combo not bad persay. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

Apr 4th, '19, 18:57

Re: Teavana storage time limit?

by MikkiTmomoffive » Apr 4th, '19, 18:57

Thanks for the advice. I will make a cup tomorrow to do a taste test. Thanks Again.

+ Post Reply