When does tea harvesting start in China? Japan?
Not aware how seasons progress in China or Japan can someone tell me when the tea will start to be harvested for this year 2007? Over how long of a period?
Feb 14th, '07, 23:08
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Is tea a deciduous shrub?
I'm assuming the tea plant is a deciduous shrub. How does it ever get any size if it is picked as soon as it starts to bud? Would like to see the plant close up!!
I've seen the pictures in the book by Adagio Tea but couldn't be sure of the looks of the leaves.
I've seen the pictures in the book by Adagio Tea but couldn't be sure of the looks of the leaves.
Feb 15th, '07, 13:06
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Re: Is tea a deciduous shrub?
Camelia sinensis, the tea plant, is a broadleaf evergreen. There are tons of phots of the plant on line...just google...but here is one nice very close up photo...after opening the link, click on the close up photo. Many vendors have nice photos.jamlover wrote:I'm assuming the tea plant is a deciduous shrub. How does it ever get any size if it is picked as soon as it starts to bud? Would like to see the plant close up!!
I've seen the pictures in the book by Adagio Tea but couldn't be sure of the looks of the leaves.
http://www.teaspring.com/moreviews.asp? ... +Long+Jing
Feb 15th, '07, 13:37
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 20th, '06, 23:33
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Evergreen you say!!!
Well, I couldn't figure out how a deciduous plant could be picked as soon as it started to leaf out. That explains it a bit. Thanks.
Feb 16th, '07, 03:08
Posts: 5
Joined: Jan 11th, '07, 22:44
Location: Orlando, Florida
Contact:
Zanato
Hello Zanato,
Thank you for your note. Teas are usually good for about 1 year. The next
harvest of teas will be available to us, as well as to many other tea
vendors, sometime in June or July of this year. We hope this information
helps, and thank you for visiting Adagio Teas!
Kind regards,
Customer Service
http://www.adagio.com