May 28th 19 2:03 am

Vintage Tea Set... Yixing?

by FabFindsGentlerTimes » May 28th 19 2:03 am

Greetings from New Brunswick, Canada!

I'm really new to this and quite intrigued to know anything about this vintage tea set I recently acquired. I'm guessing by the case that this set is circa 1940s - 50s. Would be this Yixing? I took a photo of the hallmark and apologize if the orientation is wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michelle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May 28th 19 4:48 pm

Re: Vintage Tea Set... Yixing?

by Zared » May 28th 19 4:48 pm

This is definitely modern. Looks like low end slip cast pot by CCCI brand.

May 28th 19 8:48 pm

by FabFindsGentlerTimes » May 28th 19 8:48 pm

Zared wrote: This is definitely modern. Looks like low end slip cast pot by CCCI brand.
What do you mean by modern? For sure the case is vintage which looks, to me, like 40s or 50s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jun 4th 19 2:38 pm

by Zared » Jun 4th 19 2:38 pm

FabFindsGentlerTimes wrote:
Zared wrote: This is definitely modern. Looks like low end slip cast pot by CCCI brand.
What do you mean by modern? For sure the case is vintage which looks, to me, like 40s or 50s.
That packing is very clean/white inside for being 60-80 years old. Even if was that old that still doesn’t mean the teapot is that old. Yixing clay from 40-50s doesn’t look like this. Inside would be rough with clear signs of being fully handmade. It’s also not F1 so can’t be older than early 80’s. Clay and design is inline with late 90’s or newer

Jun 5th 19 7:43 pm

by TuoChaTea » Jun 5th 19 7:43 pm

FabFindsGentlerTimes wrote: Greetings from New Brunswick, Canada!

I'm really new to this and quite intrigued to know anything about this vintage tea set I recently acquired. I'm guessing by the case that this set is circa 1940s - 50s. Would be this Yixing? I took a photo of the hallmark and apologize if the orientation is wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michelle
Looks like new low quality tourist pot. Definitely not older than 10 years.