Help - Lipton Tea and Caffeine

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

May 29th, '19, 10:37

Help - Lipton Tea and Caffeine

by sizmo » May 29th, '19, 10:37

Hi guys,

I am new here. and I have a big problem.

I cannot drink coffee because i cannot stand the taste. However, my body is addicted to caffeine. The only teabag that gives me enough caffeine is Lipton Tea.

Now here's my problem. I have been trying other types of Black Teabags from different brands... and NONE of them seem to be as strong enough as Lipton. I've tried Twinings, Dilmah and a loose CTC black tea.

ALL of them leave me drowsy and decaffeinated after a short time..... while Lipton Tea keeps me alert and properly caffeinated throughout my day.

can anyone tell me WHY IS THIS??

Why am I unable to find ANY other tea that has the same amount of caffeine and strength as Lipton?? Do they add some kind of secret ingredient to their Tea??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I hate that Lipton Black Tea Bags are my ONLY option :(

May 31st, '19, 14:49
Mod/Admin

Re: Help - Lipton Tea and Caffeine

by AndrewGC » May 31st, '19, 14:49

Hi Sizmo! Welcome to TeaChat!

In terms of the caffeine levels, they don't do anything differently! The small tea particles tend to release caffeine and flavor a bit quicker than full leaf, which might account for what you're experiencing.

Have you ever tried Mate? It is a tea alternative which has even more caffeine than black tea. Of course, there is Matcha too, but it sounds like you're looking for a black tea, or brewed tea option. Yerba Mate can be mixed with black teas for a bigger effect. Check out our chart for comparison.

Let us know if you have luck trying some different options!
sizmo wrote: Hi guys,

I am new here. and I have a big problem.

Jun 24th, '19, 10:34

Re: Help - Lipton Tea and Caffeine

by 1999 » Jun 24th, '19, 10:34

As a fellow caffeine addict, I've found Tazo English Breakfast really works for me. Though it's a bit more expensive, I've been drinking it for years with no disappointment. Taste wise, I've never tried Lipton Black Tea but other than that I'd recommend the Tazo.
sizmo wrote:I cannot drink coffee because i cannot stand the taste. However, my body is addicted to caffeine. The only teabag that gives me enough caffeine is Lipton Tea.

+ Post Reply