Green tea...it promotes weight loss??

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dec 19th, '19, 03:12

Green tea...it promotes weight loss??

by Anda » Dec 19th, '19, 03:12

Hey whats up guys? Last night I was reading a health and fitness magazine and there was an article on Green tea. It said that green tea helps promote weight loss, based on a study conducted in japan of over 4,000 male subjects. It said that those that took the green tea supplement lost 16% more weight than those that didnt. My question is what is your experience with green tea and are there any side effects for those that have taken it? thx!

Jan 6th, '20, 15:56

Re: Green tea...it promotes weight loss??

by Bridgette » Jan 6th, '20, 15:56

Anda wrote: Hey whats up guys? Last night I was reading a health and fitness magazine and there was an article on Green tea. It said that green tea helps promote weight loss, based on a study conducted in japan of over 4,000 male subjects. It said that those that took the green tea supplement lost 16% more weight than those that didnt. My question is what is your experience with green tea and are there any side effects for those that have taken it? thx!
Hey Anda,

I'm not too sure about all the studies about Green Tea specifically, but we did just post an article on TeaMuse (https://www.teamuse.com/article_200102.html) that discusses teas for Cardio... The author Natasha Nesic is writing a whole series on Tea for Fitness. Wish I could have been of more help!

Mar 24th, '20, 08:03

by zeldaella » Mar 24th, '20, 08:03

Yes, green tea can help you lose the weight but you have to be persistent. one more thing, drinking a lot of tea is not necessarily good for health, do not drink too much

Apr 13th, '20, 05:18

by ErikHimmel » Apr 13th, '20, 05:18

To be honest, a week or so ago I started to drink more green tea and I noticed that my weight loss was jump started with me losing almost 4 lbs. Seriously! I kept up with my protein meals and started to do some interval training on the weight machines, but other than the green tea this is the only other thing that I too have added to my meal plan. Interesting. How much extra weight did you lose? And, yes, I noticed before I started to take the green tea my weight was SLOWLY coming off. Sometimes it stayed the same on the scale for days which was very frustrating to say the least. Just my thoughts on your post! Smile

Apr 14th, '20, 07:54

by ehsan.giroux » Apr 14th, '20, 07:54

Anda wrote: Hey whats up guys? Last night I was reading a health and fitness magazine and there was an article on Green tea. It said that green tea helps promote weight loss, based on a study conducted in japan of over 4,000 male subjects. It said that those that took the green tea supplement lost 16% more weight than those that didnt. My question is what is your experience with green tea and are there any side effects for those that have taken it? thx!
Hey Anda !
There is a common link between tea and gastro health aswell as alot of talk between the correlation of green tea and weight loss. Tea is overall just great for ones health but there are some ups/downs to regular tea consumption and little bits of information that are important.
In terms of weight loss wulong (or oolong) teas are actually better for promoting weight loss. If your heart is still set on drinking green tea though you can always drink a lower oxidized or "green" wulong I'd recommend alishan, si ji shun, dong ding or gaba.

Also you mentioned side effects- this isn't a side effect but just a little something you might find useful. There are links between tea and iron absorbtion so I would recommend drinking it 30 mins before or after a meal just in case you're vegan/vegitarian and iron is scarce in your diet.

Also you mentioned Japanese tea ! Japanese teas are amazing not only in their flavour but in the amount of love and work that's out in them. What makes Japanese greens so interesting and unique is that the process of Japan's greens is slightly different from your run of green in that it's steamed. Though the process may not interest you and you just want to jump into drinking Japanese greens my recommendation would sencha, sincha and gyokuro. Sencha is your every day green tea that in Japan is drank almost all the time sincha, on the other hand is slightly different but to save you reading it's just a higher grade sencha. Gyokuro is my favourite. This tea has the most powerful and deep flavour that seems to me to be a hightened tea all together and I'd even go to say it's just as good (if not better) than matcha. In terms of where to get tea look for where it's made shizuoka is a great prefecture for the production of green. Also you could always give matcha a try.

Anyways hope that helps ! Good luck with any of your health goals

About my information

If you're wondering where I got my information or if it's trust worthy you can always check out other sources. Tea and gastronomy is subject much to legend and lore or cultural anecdotes. In terms of the persuite of tea in science it's relatively young and there are SOOO many factors that go into it that it's hard to really have definitive answers. That being said a tea house in Quebec Canada hired a reputable organization specialized specifically on cellular biology in relation to digestive health. Their tests had connections between the tea and iron, wulong and weight loss and had some insightful finding is caffeine absorbtion. In any case be open to new facts in the science industry regarding tea and drinking tea is never a bad idea in terms of your health 😉

Oct 15th, '21, 04:51

by oneuser » Oct 15th, '21, 04:51

I think it also accelerates weight loss .

+ Post Reply