2019 Puerh to celebrate the birth of son?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Dec 22nd, '19, 08:43

2019 Puerh to celebrate the birth of son?

by EndlessRiver » Dec 22nd, '19, 08:43

Tea friends,

I want to buy 2019 puerh to celebrate the birth of my son. It would be great to get your recommendations. Ideally, I want to purchase a tong of full sized sheng.

- I was thinking of buying 2019 Biyun Hao Lishan Gongcha, but it is way too expensive for a tong.
- I was also considering 2019 Chen Sheng Hao Yiwu, but I think the material is not great and some of the tea drinkers consider CSH to be overpriced these days.
- Another though I had was 2019 8582... Cheap, predictable, good liquidity.
- YS 2019 Impressions has a good price and is a nice tea, but not sure I liked the tea to the extent I want to commit to a tong...

Please let me know your recommendations and suggestions.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Dec 23rd, '19, 19:36

Re: 2019 Puerh to celebrate the birth of son?

by mr mopu » Dec 23rd, '19, 19:36

EndlessRiver wrote: Tea friends,

I want to buy 2019 puerh to celebrate the birth of my son. It would be great to get your recommendations. Ideally, I want to purchase a tong of full sized sheng.

- I was thinking of buying 2019 Biyun Hao Lishan Gongcha, but it is way too expensive for a tong.
- I was also considering 2019 Chen Sheng Hao Yiwu, but I think the material is not great and some of the tea drinkers consider CSH to be overpriced these days.
- YS 2019 Impressions has a good price and is a nice tea, but not sure I liked the tea to the extent I want to commit to a tong...

I have heard YS 2019 Impression is good. In terms of higher end, CSH BaWang. cheaper than YiWu and probably more punch to it.

Dec 28th, '19, 14:47

by EndlessRiver » Dec 28th, '19, 14:47

Thanks for the suggestion! Have you tried CSH BaWang?
mr mopu wrote:

I have heard YS 2019 Impression is good. In terms of higher end, CSH BaWang. cheaper than YiWu and probably more punch to it.

Dec 30th, '19, 20:38

by mr mopu » Dec 30th, '19, 20:38

EndlessRiver wrote: Thanks for the suggestion! Have you tried CSH BaWang?
mr mopu wrote:

BaWang is like a supercharged Menghai Spring of Menghai cake. First flush and single pressing. I own a few of both the above.

Jan 4th, '20, 16:15

by ehsan.giroux » Jan 4th, '20, 16:15

Some sellers I really enjoy getting from would be jalam teas (they have a great selection on raw sheng Puerhs), crimson lotus leaf bitter leaf twas (both great sheng and shou (ripe) Puerh.
For sheng (raw) 2019 cakes I'd recommend crimson lotus leaf and jalam teas. Crimson does really amazing blends and verietals with selections of high tip to leaf ratios and jalam teas have really unique shengs that do really well for aging.
Good luck on finding a tea! I would also recommend investing in a ln aged white shoumei cake (they age extremely well and are quite amazing)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feb 8th, '20, 12:01

by Teophily » Feb 8th, '20, 12:01

I would buy the pu’er from Kancha they have recently release incredible 2019 pu’er like their San Zhu and Shuang Shu are amazing really!

Feb 9th, '20, 19:37

by isabellamor » Feb 9th, '20, 19:37

My mom loves Pu Erh tea, she finds it really flavorful and it helps in lowering her cholesterol.

Feb 15th, '20, 17:16

by EndlessRiver » Feb 15th, '20, 17:16

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I was distracted by other things, but going back to my exploration of 2019 teas now.

I will go with Chen Sheng Hao Naka or BaWang 2019 or YS Da Qing Gu Shu or Ai Lao 2019. Haven't decided yet. Unfortunately, Biyun Hao Lishan Gongcha is way too expensive for one tong.

I have tried many shengs from CLT, not a fan.
YS Spring Impression 2019 is nice, I had around 10 sessions with it by now, but not sure it will age well.

+ Post Reply