Jan 16th, '20, 14:46

If you could only drink one tea for the rest of your life, what would it be?

by Bridgette » Jan 16th, '20, 14:46

Hello all,

Today at lunch we were talking about different things like, if you were stuck on Mars and could only eat one vegetable, what would it be? (Potato was the ultimate winner.)

Which led me to think - if you could only drink one type of tea for the rest of the year- or the rest of your life- what would you choose? What would be in your cup?

For me, I'm struggling between a Turmeric Ginger tea or Peppermint.

Jan 31st, '20, 00:01

Re: If you could only drink one tea for the rest of your life, what would it be?

by isabellamor » Jan 31st, '20, 00:01

It will be hibiscus tea but I also love Jasmine tea. This question is pretty hard, do I really need to choose one? :(

Jan 31st, '20, 10:29

Re: If you could only drink one tea for the rest of your life, what would it be?

by Bridgette » Jan 31st, '20, 10:29

isabellamor wrote: It will be hibiscus tea but I also love Jasmine tea. This question is pretty hard, do I really need to choose one? :(
Ooo interesting! Florals are such a once and while thing for me, personally!

Feb 4th, '20, 12:19

by BenHK » Feb 4th, '20, 12:19

"for the rest of your life" then you must consider age

When we are not old yet, we can choose whatever we want.
But some tea are not good to elderly's digest system, in Chinese believe,
PuErh tea would be a boring choice but a good one, of course not talking about
raw PuErh or very condensed tea, light PT does not irritate the system, and also
good PuErh tea will have one kind of "QI", a few cups down and you will feel the
body gets warm.(only can experience with Good PT), this "QI" will then be good
for elderly, and the best thing is you can buy lots of Brick-PuErh tea and keep it
for decades and drink for life :) (I guess we all know it gets better when you keep it longer)

Feb 4th, '20, 13:41

by Bridgette » Feb 4th, '20, 13:41

BenHK wrote: "for the rest of your life" then you must consider age

When we are not old yet, we can choose whatever we want.
But some tea are not good to elderly's digest system, in Chinese believe,
PuErh tea would be a boring choice but a good one, of course not talking about
raw PuErh or very condensed tea, light PT does not irritate the system, and also
good PuErh tea will have one kind of "QI", a few cups down and you will feel the
body gets warm.(only can experience with Good PT), this "QI" will then be good
for elderly, and the best thing is you can buy lots of Brick-PuErh tea and keep it
for decades and drink for life :) (I guess we all know it gets better when you keep it longer)
Hah - a literal take on the question! I like it :lol:

PuErh is a tea I am only starting to get to know! What do you mean by QI?

Feb 4th, '20, 23:24

by BenHK » Feb 4th, '20, 23:24

"QI" is a feeling of energy flowing around your body, we Asian believe so,
even Hong Kong people like us understand the western science (I studied
Mechanical Engineering actually).

Qi, when you feel it, you will know it. It is not like any magically force or
fake KongFu in movies, it is just something flowing in our body.

Green tea is well known for the Anti-Oxidant that cleanse the body and
many good effects. But when something with that strong cleansing power,
imagine the irritation caused to the elderly, so for elderly, don't drink too much
green tea, red tea, white tea, yellow tea. Light black tea is my personal good choice.
And it is cheap to buy the new tea cake, keep it for long time, enjoy it years later,
this is also a long term fun, waiting the tea cake to get mature. The equation is:

Good PuErh Tea base+good keeping environment+time=good Puerh Tea

If the tea base(our term of PuErh, means the quality of stem and leaves, the cleanliness...)
is not good enough, no matter what you do , it will not turn into good PT,
if the base is fairly OK, no need to be the top shelf stuffs, after long time in good
conditions, the taste of final yield may surprise you.

Feb 6th, '20, 10:25

by Bridgette » Feb 6th, '20, 10:25

BenHK wrote:

imagine the irritation caused to the elderly, so for elderly, don't drink too much
green tea, red tea, white tea, yellow tea. Light black tea is my personal good choice.
And it is cheap to buy the new tea cake, keep it for long time, enjoy it years later,
this is also a long term fun, waiting the tea cake to get mature. The equation is:

If the tea base(our term of PuErh, means the quality of stem and leaves, the cleanliness...)
if the base is fairly OK, no need to be the top shelf stuffs, after long time in good
Ah, I think I understand now. I believe I've seen Qi written as Chi and didn't make the connection. Thank you for your explanation!

Might have to grab a cup of Pu'erh today!

Mar 27th, '20, 19:47

by Meizi » Mar 27th, '20, 19:47

Matcha.

Apr 1st, '20, 11:30

by agwertzy » Apr 1st, '20, 11:30

For me, I think it would be a very specific vanilla chai latte blend with cinnamon and honey. It's not especially high quality, you can find it in most grocery stores, but it reminds me of growing up. My mom, for as long as I can remember, has stocked up on cans of this chai powder. To this day, she goes through multiple tins a week. I love most tea blends, but this one just gives me a feeling of coziness and home.

Apr 4th, '20, 13:37

by Beckyjane » Apr 4th, '20, 13:37

Without a doubt - Jasmine Silver Needle. But I do really love variety! And I would need a caffeine boost in the morning. So add Scottish Breakfast Tea, my current black tea favorite.

But isn’t variety the spice of life?
Becky Jane

Apr 12th, '20, 14:08

by Brandeemk » Apr 12th, '20, 14:08

Bridgette wrote: Hello all,

Today at lunch we were talking about different things like, if you were stuck on Mars and could only eat one vegetable, what would it be? (Potato was the ultimate winner.)

Which led me to think - if you could only drink one type of tea for the rest of the year- or the rest of your life- what would you choose? What would be in your cup?

For me, I'm struggling between a Turmeric Ginger tea or Peppermint.
What an interesting and thought provoking thing to ponder. My tea choices change with my mood, overall health, the seasons...
Daily I drink Market Spice tea with 2 drops of OnGuard on my bag with stevia or honey. I love Earl Grey w/ cream and stevia when I'm feeling creative. Pure, Single Farm, Japanese Matcha is my go to green tea for its antioxidants. Ice cold black sun tea in the summer.
Tea is a way of life for me so choosing just one...
...I think it would have to be the market spice. I've spiced it up so many different ways that it wouldn't be a hardship.

Jun 5th, '20, 09:53

by twiggysiren » Jun 5th, '20, 09:53

It's so hard to choose! Here are my top three, since I can't decide....
1. Addis Tea (a black tea found in Ethiopian markets)
2. Sencha
3. White Peony

Jun 15th, '20, 14:59

by Bridgette » Jun 15th, '20, 14:59

I've been really pushing myself out of my tea comfort zone and have been trying stuff I never would have before.

I've been tasting lots of different greens lately, and it's amazing the difference from one season to another!

Right now, I can't imagine life without Genmai Cha in it, which might not be the most elusive of teas, that toast-y taste is so unique!
Adagio Online Community Manager

Sep 7th, '20, 17:03

by rjones » Sep 7th, '20, 17:03

BenHK wrote:

I'd choose a good raw PuErh. The first time my sister and decided to brave the raw 23yr old PuErh on the top shelf of the new tea shop in town, we were hooked! It had an earthy smell and the color was like dark chocolate and silky. We both took a sip and looked to each other for confirmation on what we were both feeling. Yes, I said feeling..... the Qi effect is a real thing! It feels as if the tea itself transfuses into your blood and flows thru your body! I inquired as to the price - which was $80+/oz. Some quick math and I realized it was cheaper to buy a large cup and take my tea leaves home for more infusions later that day. So, that is what we both did until we eventually drank it all.

Sep 11th, '20, 08:19

by SmallSmallTea » Sep 11th, '20, 08:19

LLLL367 please...

+ Post Reply