Drinking tea and stuffed nose

For general/other topics related to tea.

Mar 6th, '20, 11:18

Drinking tea and stuffed nose

by Parkiet » Mar 6th, '20, 11:18

Hey everyone
That's my first post in forum and I don't know if that's good place to write this topic but I will give it a try.

I've always had some problem with sinuses but I had tomography done and results are bad. I will need surgery. Anyway my problem is that one of my nostrils is almost always suffed (that's just visible problem, I have it much worse ''inside'' xD). I wonder what's your opinion - would you drink in this condition?
I drink teas which aren't so expensive or the ones I already know the aromas but when I have new expensive tea I feel bad drinking it because it's as if I were experiencing it just 50%. Some months ago I had stuffed two nostrills, then I didn't drink any new teas but nowadays I drink them even if I have one nostril stuffed.

Summarizing - would you drink tea if you had one nostril always stuffed?

Mar 18th, '20, 19:26

Re: Drinking tea and stuffed nose

by literaryfoil » Mar 18th, '20, 19:26

I think I'd drink tea whether I could taste it or not. Sometimes it's less about the tea itself and more about having it keep you company. Out of curiosity, do ginger teas and the like taste any different to you? I know when I'm sick I taste stronger teas better, although I know that isn't exactly comparable to your problem.

Mar 20th, '20, 13:12

by Bridgette » Mar 20th, '20, 13:12

literaryfoil wrote: I think I'd drink tea whether I could taste it or not. Sometimes it's less about the tea itself and more about having it keep you company. Out of curiosity, do ginger teas and the like taste any different to you? I know when I'm sick I taste stronger teas better, although I know that isn't exactly comparable to your problem.
I agree! Tea is known to help when you're not feeling well for a plethora of reasons. Even if you can't taste the tea, it's worth consuming. I personally love holding hot tea under my mouth/nose when I'm not feeling well to almost steam my sinuses.
Adagio Online Community Manager

Mar 24th, '20, 09:52

by Parkiet » Mar 24th, '20, 09:52

literaryfoil wrote: I think I'd drink tea whether I could taste it or not. Sometimes it's less about the tea itself and more about having it keep you company. Out of curiosity, do ginger teas and the like taste any different to you? I know when I'm sick I taste stronger teas better, although I know that isn't exactly comparable to your problem.
I don't drink ginger tea but I don't find difference in taste. The worst is that I can smell properly and don't feel aftertaste.
Anyway I've been drinking teas even though I have this problem and that's not so bad. I bought more not expensive sheng and shu puerhs recently and I drink them. I know they taste and it's fine.
When I want more expensive tea I will do it too.
It's right that drinking just by itself is nice experience, even if you don't smell 100% out of it.

Mar 24th, '20, 10:46

by Bridgette » Mar 24th, '20, 10:46

Ah, smart not to use the expensive stuff when you're can't fully enjoy the sensory experience.

Wishing you a quick recovery!
Adagio Online Community Manager

+ Post Reply