How's everyone holding up?

Miscellaneous Discussion. Any topics that don't fit in other areas of the forum.

Mar 20th, '20, 13:20

How's everyone holding up?

by Bridgette » Mar 20th, '20, 13:20

Hello TeaChat,

I couldn't help but wonder how you all are doing in this crazy time.

I hope this finds you well and healthy, and if you're in quarantine (self-imposed or not), that you are filling your time in at least some meaningful ways.

I joined the Adagio team back in December 2019, so fairly recently. My current goal is to drink all of my subpar teas, or throw them out (I've had a few that were gifted to me that were somwhere between undrinkable and vile). This way I can make room for new and improved teas.

I'm also trying to learn guitar... it is mostly unsuccessful, but I'll keep at it.

Having another go at The Office again before it leaves Netflix- somewhere in season 3 now I believe.

Playing non-stop fetch with the pup is a double-edge sword.

Anywho, what are you doing to not go insane in isolation?
Adagio Online Community Manager

Apr 2nd, '20, 01:47

Re: How's everyone holding up?

by Mare of Earth » Apr 2nd, '20, 01:47

Well, I work from home anyway - current conditions just mean I don’t run errands or go see my Mom when I am not working.
Kind of bored, which is good because I found my way back here!

Apr 2nd, '20, 08:15

by zoey » Apr 2nd, '20, 08:15

Home, tea and found my way back here. Tried my hand at iced tea - can't get that right. Sigh.

Apr 2nd, '20, 10:22

by Bridgette » Apr 2nd, '20, 10:22

zoey wrote: Home, tea and found my way back here. Tried my hand at iced tea - can't get that right. Sigh.
I have some tips from Adagio's Tea Master that I pass along to make iced tea.

She recommends this article.

She also says, to brew 16 ounces of iced tea, you can use two heaping teaspoons (depending on how flavorful you like it), add 8 oz of hot water, brew for the recommended time in the brewing instructions on the pouch, then add 8 oz cool water, cold water, or ice- depending on how quickly you'd like to drink the tea. Set in the refrigerator until the desired temperature is reached.

Hope this helps you out!

Apr 5th, '20, 04:00

by jannetje.b » Apr 5th, '20, 04:00

Well quarantine has meant that I've finally ended up trying to be active here after lurking for quite a while :). I tried to put up an intro post at least Image we'll see if it took.

I'm going through my various teas, resampling etc. Also seeing what I'd like to order when quarantine lifts: in New Zealand only certain things are allowed to be shipped at the moment, and international tea orders are a big question mark. So I'm making a tea tasting notebook.
I've also busted out my woodworking tools to give making a tea tray a go. This could go either really well....or really bad.

And if there was a quarantine Better Homes and Gardens show, I think I'd be a contender. Painting, redecorating, cleaning, gardening, it's all happened!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Apr 10th, '20, 11:00

by rrrrowsdower » Apr 10th, '20, 11:00

I'm holding up alright, im an essential employee in healthcare IT, so among our staff of 3 IT people we are rotating 2 in the office, and 1 at home. I am just finishing my work from home week today, then back to working at the office for the next 2 weeks. Its been an interesting experience working in healthcare during this time. Masks are still mandatory even when there are shortages. Some of us are making our own masks for work

I have been making mine out of blue shop towels pretty successfully.

Apr 19th, '20, 15:47

by ranthappy » Apr 19th, '20, 15:47

I'm usually a homebody, but now that I'm told I can't go outside, I've never wanted to go outside more :shock:

Ordered a bunch of teas and setup a list of things to try cooking to make home life more adventurous.

Also playing my way through Persona 5: Royal with the Final Fantasy VII remake next on my list. If anyone has other games to suggest, I have time on my hands :P

Apr 19th, '20, 23:26

by DrinkPuerTea » Apr 19th, '20, 23:26

Dear Tea drinking enthusiasts

Have been home bound since restricted movement imposed by government and daily enjoying sipping many cups of tea through my collection of raw Puer since 2002... the aging ranging from 3yrs-50yrs.
These older raw Puer tea used to quite “difficult” to drink when they were produced as the flavour were very astringent and bitterly sweet and some were smoky too.. Some of these aged tea flavour have gotten “flattish” became much milder from what I can remembered they used to be..... I enjoyed raw Puer Tea those aged more than 10years and above, can drink many many cups throughout the day.... those aged tea less than 7years were mainly single origin premium selection limited production quantities... these tea are the newer generation Puer tea where one can immediately drink them and they have a very fragrant floral after taste that lingers in your mouth for long... down side of these tea, they are still quite “raw” and one cannot enjoy many cups...
have been stay home stay safe drink tea.... 😋

Apr 21st, '20, 15:15

by Bridgette » Apr 21st, '20, 15:15

ranthappy wrote: I'm usually a homebody, but now that I'm told I can't go outside, I've never wanted to go outside more :shock:

Ordered a bunch of teas and setup a list of things to try cooking to make home life more adventurous.

Also playing my way through Persona 5: Royal with the Final Fantasy VII remake next on my list. If anyone has other games to suggest, I have time on my hands :P
Ah! I love Persona- how is Persona 5?

I played Witcher 3 not too long ago- really fun game that's similar to those.

Apr 21st, '20, 21:10

by ranthappy » Apr 21st, '20, 21:10

Bridgette wrote: Ah! I love Persona- how is Persona 5?
It's a lot of fun, my favorite type of game. If you haven't played Persona 5 normal, Royal is a great place to start. Royal adds some new features previous Persona's didn't have, so people are mixed. New players seem to love it.

The storylines for the characters are fun and enjoyable. It's interesting finding out the characters motivations and how the writers change your view of the characters as time progresses.
Bridgette wrote: I played Witcher 3 not too long ago- really fun game that's similar to those.
I'll have to check it out, never played anything in that series before.

Apr 22nd, '20, 09:21

by Bridgette » Apr 22nd, '20, 09:21

ranthappy wrote:
Bridgette wrote: Ah! I love Persona- how is Persona 5?
It's a lot of fun, my favorite type of game. If you haven't played Persona 5 normal, Royal is a great place to start. Royal adds some new features previous Persona's didn't have, so people are mixed. New players seem to love it.

The storylines for the characters are fun and enjoyable. It's interesting finding out the characters motivations and how the writers change your view of the characters as time progresses.
Thank you for the tip! I'll have to look into it when I'm ready for a new game.
ranthappy wrote:
Bridgette wrote: I played Witcher 3 not too long ago- really fun game that's similar to those.
I'll have to check it out, never played anything in that series before.
I've only played Witcher 3, and I didn't feel like I was missing out on too much. It does a good job at the exposition to help new players understand what's going on without being boring.

Apr 22nd, '20, 16:34

by Obsydian » Apr 22nd, '20, 16:34

I've been holding up fairly good!
My goal for these next months while I'm off of work is to go through all 25 of my Adagio tea sample packs. Oh boy.

May 14th, '20, 08:52

by rrrrowsdower » May 14th, '20, 08:52

ranthappy wrote: I'm usually a homebody, but now that I'm told I can't go outside, I've never wanted to go outside more :shock:

I have never played Persona but I have been spending alot of time with Doom Eternal. Other than that I have been playing some older RPGs via emulators. Recently finished Chrono Trigger, Radiant Historia, Suikoden 2, and working on Suikoden Tierkreis now. I also recently tried the new Streets of Rage 4 and have been enjoying it.

May 14th, '20, 11:52

by RAVENWOLVEN » May 14th, '20, 11:52

I'm a complete homebody. I work from home as a graduation designer and this hasn't really changed my normal at all with the exception of wearing PPE while out and about and washing everything that comes inside.

I try to only go out once every two weeks for essentials for both my household and my mom's. I had a lot of doctor's visits and a cancer scare up until yesterday (I'm in the clear! Yay!) so I've been a complete wreck up until yesterday. I still have severely compromised breathing and worry about the covidiots who refuse to wear masks or social distance. I'm doing my part to protect others by wearing a mask even though it's extremely hard for me to breathe.

May 14th, '20, 16:23

by Bridgette » May 14th, '20, 16:23

Obsydian wrote: I've been holding up fairly good!
My goal for these next months while I'm off of work is to go through all 25 of my Adagio tea sample packs. Oh boy.
Ha- I am also trying to go through my stash of teas that are taking up way too much space in my pantry.

+ Post Reply