New to TeaChat? Introduce yourself here!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 6th, '22, 09:58

Re: New to TeaChat? Introduce yourself here!

by wordnerd » Apr 6th, '22, 09:58

Hi! I'm Claire, from England. I'm very very new to loose leaf teas and tisanes and tea in general, and at the moment just experimenting to find out which ones I like. Unfortunately I'm quite sensitive to caffiene which makes it a bit more complicated!

I'm particularly interested in iced/cold brew at the moment as I'm trying to replace a Coca Cola habit with something less packed with sugar :)

Apr 7th, '22, 10:19

by Bridgette » Apr 7th, '22, 10:19

wordnerd wrote: Hi! I'm Claire, from England. I'm very very new to loose leaf teas and tisanes and tea in general, and at the moment just experimenting to find out which ones I like. Unfortunately I'm quite sensitive to caffiene which makes it a bit more complicated!

I'm particularly interested in iced/cold brew at the moment as I'm trying to replace a Coca Cola habit with something less packed with sugar :)
Hello Claire! Welcome to TeaChat. Hope you find a suitable replacement :)
Adagio Online Community Manager

May 10th, '22, 21:02

by Persimmelon » May 10th, '22, 21:02

Hi! I have a couple of mystery teapots that I am keen to learn more about, and look forward to learning more about oolongs, green teas, and more!

May 12th, '22, 10:38

by Bridgette » May 12th, '22, 10:38

Persimmelon wrote: Hi! I have a couple of mystery teapots that I am keen to learn more about, and look forward to learning more about oolongs, green teas, and more!
Welcome, Persimmelon! Hope you learn everything you're looking into and more :)

May 15th, '22, 20:22

by Allecia » May 15th, '22, 20:22

Good evening folks!

I thought I had joined this chat years ago (when it was part of the Adagio shopping site) but I guess so much has changed that I need to relearn how to use the message boards!

I found loose leaf teas years ago & Adagio soon after & have never looked back! I love their commitment to the people growing the tea & the environment, not to mention the delicious teas themselves! I mostly love the flavored green teas, but I am *totally* addicted to trying the samples of the various other types of teas! I have SO MANY sample packets! lol (Heck, I still have the little metal canister sample containers! That's how long I've been shopping with Adagio!)

I live in the Pacific Northwest in the USA and drink tea all day every day. I hope to make your acquaintance here. Thank you!

Best,

Allecia

Aug 6th, '22, 16:30

by gfurrow » Aug 6th, '22, 16:30

I have been drinking tea off and on for over 30 years. I became a full time tea drinker around 10 years ago.

I only drink loose leaf teas unless I’m somewhere that can only serve me a teabag.

I drink black teas mostly. But, over the last year I have started drinking more green teas and more herbal teas.

I guess my favorite teas are Keemun and three monkey.

I live in Virginia where we have hot humid summers. I drink a pot of hot tea in the morning and iced or room temperature teas the rest of the day.

My name is Gary and I am honored to become a member of this board. I have several questions.

Aug 11th, '22, 17:22

by Teadrinker502 » Aug 11th, '22, 17:22

Hello, it's nice to meet everyone.

Aug 18th, '22, 15:27

by GailC » Aug 18th, '22, 15:27

Hello, I'm Gail from Idaho. Wanting to learn more about tea and clay pots.
Really looking for a tea I'll love

Oct 6th, '22, 05:08

by HobbiestArtistRaven » Oct 6th, '22, 05:08

Hello all. I'm Raven and I live near Portland OR. I've been drinking tea most of my life, and I'd like to learn more about traditional Chinese teas. I'm particularly interested in Pu'erh and Oolong.

Oct 6th, '22, 08:53

by Bridgette » Oct 6th, '22, 08:53

Allecia wrote: Good evening folks!

I thought I had joined this chat years ago (when it was part of the Adagio shopping site) but I guess so much has changed that I need to relearn how to use the message boards!

I found loose leaf teas years ago & Adagio soon after & have never looked back! I love their commitment to the people growing the tea & the environment, not to mention the delicious teas themselves! I mostly love the flavored green teas, but I am *totally* addicted to trying the samples of the various other types of teas! I have SO MANY sample packets! lol (Heck, I still have the little metal canister sample containers! That's how long I've been shopping with Adagio!)

I live in the Pacific Northwest in the USA and drink tea all day every day. I hope to make your acquaintance here. Thank you!

Best,

Allecia
Welcome, Allecia! Thank you for the great introduction! Hope to see you around the forum :)

Oct 6th, '22, 08:53

by Bridgette » Oct 6th, '22, 08:53

GailC wrote: Hello, I'm Gail from Idaho. Wanting to learn more about tea and clay pots.
Really looking for a tea I'll love
Wecome to TeaChat, Gail!

Oct 6th, '22, 08:54

by Bridgette » Oct 6th, '22, 08:54

HobbiestArtistRaven wrote: Hello all. I'm Raven and I live near Portland OR. I've been drinking tea most of my life, and I'd like to learn more about traditional Chinese teas. I'm particularly interested in Pu'erh and Oolong.
Hey Raven, welcome to the forum :)

Oct 10th, '22, 15:56

by Alma » Oct 10th, '22, 15:56

Hi, I'm Alma. I've been on and off into tea for about 5-ish years. I frequented the Communitea discord for those 5 years until my unfortunate ban from the server for playing Trap Nation's "This Beat is the Shit" at full volume in the voice chat. I've come to poke around in various forums and chats to fill this new void in my heart.

More on my journey with tea, I've always liked a cup of heavily sweetened Lipton or Arizona iced tea, but it really began when I decided to boil the peels of bananas used in pancakes earlier that morning and drink the liquid it produced. I shared some with my brother which motivated him to find a tea server amongst his hoarding of servers on discord. That server would be the Communitea discord, long before it even had that name. He invited me to that discord and the rest is history.

I've come to discover much of what this hobby had to offer, if only at a surface level (I didn't have a lot of money to throw around, I was only a kid). I've come to like Taiwanese oolong and shou puerh tea the most, and they would be most of what I drank. That was until I drank all my tea and didn't get anything for several months. I drifted off from tea as a whole.

Since my ban, I've gotten my first job and started attending a Zen temple. At that temple, one of the members would hold a tea ceremony about once or twice a month. I went to one and what did I taste in my cup, but a smooth and eaRtHY cup of shou puerh? The first few steeps are drank in silence but as soon as we could speak, four tea nerds unleashed havoc and chaos in that little shrine room, and the poor, less knowledgeable attendees who didn't even know what they were drinking were swept up in our storm. My love for tea was reignited, now with a new appreciation for the greater experience created by its ceremony and its value in Zen practice. Before I knew it, there was already a couple cakes and bags in my cabinet and I'm showing no signs of stopping this collection from only getting bigger in the future.

Oh, I'm also getting into coffee if y'all like talking about that, too.

Oct 11th, '22, 09:14

by Bridgette » Oct 11th, '22, 09:14

Alma wrote: Hi, I'm Alma. I've been on and off into tea for about 5-ish years. I frequented the Communitea discord for those 5 years until my unfortunate ban from the server for playing Trap Nation's "This Beat is the Shit" at full volume in the voice chat. I've come to poke around in various forums and chats to fill this new void in my heart.

More on my journey with tea, I've always liked a cup of heavily sweetened Lipton or Arizona iced tea, but it really began when I decided to boil the peels of bananas used in pancakes earlier that morning and drink the liquid it produced. I shared some with my brother which motivated him to find a tea server amongst his hoarding of servers on discord. That server would be the Communitea discord, long before it even had that name. He invited me to that discord and the rest is history.

I've come to discover much of what this hobby had to offer, if only at a surface level (I didn't have a lot of money to throw around, I was only a kid). I've come to like Taiwanese oolong and shou puerh tea the most, and they would be most of what I drank. That was until I drank all my tea and didn't get anything for several months. I drifted off from tea as a whole.

Since my ban, I've gotten my first job and started attending a Zen temple. At that temple, one of the members would hold a tea ceremony about once or twice a month. I went to one and what did I taste in my cup, but a smooth and eaRtHY cup of shou puerh? The first few steeps are drank in silence but as soon as we could speak, four tea nerds unleashed havoc and chaos in that little shrine room, and the poor, less knowledgeable attendees who didn't even know what they were drinking were swept up in our storm. My love for tea was reignited, now with a new appreciation for the greater experience created by its ceremony and its value in Zen practice. Before I knew it, there was already a couple cakes and bags in my cabinet and I'm showing no signs of stopping this collection from only getting bigger in the future.

Oh, I'm also getting into coffee if y'all like talking about that, too.
Thank you for the wonderful introduction, Alma! Welcome to TeaChat!

Oct 25th, '22, 12:36

by InNatureTeas » Oct 25th, '22, 12:36

Hi,

I am Stacey.

Since working with a loose tea company, I am a novice on my own journey of tea exploration.

I have tried 3-4 blends, many many more to go!
I have a preference so far for Oolong and Puerh.

Looking forward to chatting with tea-lovers and sharing recommendations.
Let me know what you're drinking this month.

+ Post Reply