New to TeaChat? Introduce yourself here!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Oct 26th, '22, 08:38

Re: New to TeaChat? Introduce yourself here!

by Bridgette » Oct 26th, '22, 08:38

InNatureTeas wrote: Hi,

I am Stacey.

Since working with a loose tea company, I am a novice on my own journey of tea exploration.

I have tried 3-4 blends, many many more to go!
I have a preference so far for Oolong and Puerh.

Looking forward to chatting with tea-lovers and sharing recommendations.
Let me know what you're drinking this month.
Welcome to TeaChat, Stacey! So glad to hear you've begun your tea journey :)
Adagio Online Community Manager

Oct 29th, '22, 13:27

by Agentmixup » Oct 29th, '22, 13:27

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I just joined because I love tea. My favourite is a gentle mint green tea.

Oct 31st, '22, 10:11

by Bridgette » Oct 31st, '22, 10:11

Agentmixup wrote: Hello everyone! I'm new here and I just joined because I love tea. My favourite is a gentle mint green tea.
Welcome to TeaChat, thanks for sharing!

Jan 18th, '23, 14:23

by anTEAque1 » Jan 18th, '23, 14:23

Hello tea folk! :D
I have been fascinated by history and antiques since I was a kid. Recently, when reading historic fiction about Japan, I became fascinated by the significant role of tea in every level of society. I decided that I would like to take my tea drinking to the next level. So I researched and bought an old iron tetsubin and have enjoyed trying different types tea and discovering the difference the tetsubin makes in changing the water before it is poured onto the tea! I am looking forward to learning more!

Jan 24th, '23, 11:33

by Bridgette » Jan 24th, '23, 11:33

anTEAque1 wrote: Hello tea folk! :D
I have been fascinated by history and antiques since I was a kid. Recently, when reading historic fiction about Japan, I became fascinated by the significant role of tea in every level of society. I decided that I would like to take my tea drinking to the next level. So I researched and bought an old iron tetsubin and have enjoyed trying different types tea and discovering the difference the tetsubin makes in changing the water before it is poured onto the tea! I am looking forward to learning more!
Hey anTEAque1! So glad that you found TeaChat! Welcome :)

Feb 8th, '23, 15:09

by Elisabeth » Feb 8th, '23, 15:09

Hello Every Buddy! My name is Elisabeth and I'm new here as of today (2/8/23 ). I found the forum during my search for non-toxic bone china tea ware. I grew up with tea-loving parents who were always getting new teas to try....and I'm talking about black teas. I have a memory of them getting a huge, compressed wheel of loose tea, that had what I think were Chinese designs in relief. To make the tea, you would just pinch some off and put in your tea ball.
As a kid, my mother introduced me to Constant Comment, and then on to Earl Grey, lapsang souchong, darjeeling, assam, gun powder, and on and on. I love black teas best, but will occasional go for an herbal. I am an American of British Isles heritage, and my mother would make us afternoon tea often. The old Wagner tea tins were a staple around our house.

Feb 9th, '23, 08:59

by Bridgette » Feb 9th, '23, 08:59

Elisabeth wrote: Hello Every Buddy! My name is Elisabeth and I'm new here as of today (2/8/23 ). I found the forum during my search for non-toxic bone china tea ware. I grew up with tea-loving parents who were always getting new teas to try....and I'm talking about black teas. I have a memory of them getting a huge, compressed wheel of loose tea, that had what I think were Chinese designs in relief. To make the tea, you would just pinch some off and put in your tea ball.
As a kid, my mother introduced me to Constant Comment, and then on to Earl Grey, lapsang souchong, darjeeling, assam, gun powder, and on and on. I love black teas best, but will occasional go for an herbal. I am an American of British Isles heritage, and my mother would make us afternoon tea often. The old Wagner tea tins were a staple around our house.
Welcome to TeaChat, Elisabeth! Thank you for sharing.

Feb 19th, '23, 04:34

by pinnaclematcha » Feb 19th, '23, 04:34

Hi,
I am Pranay from Sydney, Australia. I was looking for forums focussed on variety of tea around the world and found this site from google search. I love tea, specially Indian chai tea, green tea and specifically Japanese matcha. I discovered matcha during Covid lockdowns in 2020 and genuinely felt a difference in physical and mental wellbeing when I started having a cup of hot matcha, honey lemon or matcha latte. Not that I have any health issues, but still felt that good from matcha consumption. Wondering if there are any other matcha lovers here?

My other interests are gardening, travelling with family, online ecommerce interests, cricket.

cheers.

Feb 21st, '23, 12:49

by boojsn2020 » Feb 21st, '23, 12:49

Thanks for that my dear friends!

Feb 27th, '23, 17:51

by Potted » Feb 27th, '23, 17:51

I've somewhat recently stumbled into this world outside the teabag acquiring a gaiwan from an online shop of some limited offerings of blends and cutesy names but identifying some as oolongs and pu-erhs. The purveyor, Smith Teas, does have a superior offering to what I was accustomed to and has served as a gateway to my first rounds of raw and ripe pu-erh and some oolong they call golden and I now want to know by it's true varietal. I next found Mei Leaf on YouTube, oh my, and then Yunnan Sourcing. I do have my first tasting order in to YS. I think some Googling on teapots led me to a page here. Sometimes, being able to ask a question is nice, so here I am.

Feb 28th, '23, 11:43

by Bridgette » Feb 28th, '23, 11:43

pinnaclematcha wrote: Hi,
I am Pranay from Sydney, Australia. I was looking for forums focussed on variety of tea around the world and found this site from google search. I love tea, specially Indian chai tea, green tea and specifically Japanese matcha. I discovered matcha during Covid lockdowns in 2020 and genuinely felt a difference in physical and mental wellbeing when I started having a cup of hot matcha, honey lemon or matcha latte. Not that I have any health issues, but still felt that good from matcha consumption. Wondering if there are any other matcha lovers here?

My other interests are gardening, travelling with family, online ecommerce interests, cricket.

cheers.
boojsn2020 wrote: Thanks for that my dear friends!
Potted wrote: I've somewhat recently stumbled into this world outside the teabag acquiring a gaiwan from an online shop of some limited offerings of blends and cutesy names but identifying some as oolongs and pu-erhs. The purveyor, Smith Teas, does have a superior offering to what I was accustomed to and has served as a gateway to my first rounds of raw and ripe pu-erh and some oolong they call golden and I now want to know by it's true varietal. I next found Mei Leaf on YouTube, oh my, and then Yunnan Sourcing. I do have my first tasting order in to YS. I think some Googling on teapots led me to a page here. Sometimes, being able to ask a question is nice, so here I am.
Welcome to TeaChat all! Looking forward to learning about your favorite teas!

Jun 1st, '23, 14:17

by TeaTester » Jun 1st, '23, 14:17

Hi, I'm new over here!

I have been searching on this forum for a while, but I haven't found the answer yet. Maybe you can help me. It's a really cool forum to learn all sorts of things.

I am currently working on making an oak tea infusion. It tastes good, but I need to add a lot of oak to get the desired flavor. Is there a way to make it stronger without adding more oak? I was thinking of using oak extracts with alcohol and spraying it over the oak chips, so that the oak extract gets absorbed by the chips and the alcohol evaporates.

Jul 27th, '23, 09:00

by Fiut » Jul 27th, '23, 09:00

Hi, I'm a new tea lover from Bulgaria. This is a country with definitely more coffee cultural traditions, as part of the Balkans. But I used to drink black tea in Ukraine, where my mom was from. Definitely didn't know nothing about Chinese and other eastern tea traditions until very recent. Found my way to gong fu cha by accident and fell in love with it instantly. Had some troubles finding good lose tea at first, but there is nothing impossible nowadays :) I still like black/red tea very much, but I found I'm more and more a white tea lover, especially aged one. Hope to chat about tea and not only at this forum.

Jul 29th, '23, 02:21

by Regal_Chaos » Jul 29th, '23, 02:21

Hello everyone!

I've been an avid tea lover for a while now and just recently purchased a tea plant of the assamica variety. It had gnats when I first picked it up, but a spritz of dish soap/ water seemed to do the trick with treating those. A few of the leaves at the base had brown tips, which I can not seem to help. I've trimmed the these spots a few times now. I got a humidifier for it and that doesn't seem to be helping. I've increased the watering and that also has been no help.

At this point I'm worried about overwatering her and have run out of ideas on how to help her. If anyone could give me some advice know this, it would be greatly appreciated!!! 😁

Sep 12th, '23, 02:45

by samuel.clark » Sep 12th, '23, 02:45

Hello everyone,

I'm a coffee lover first before loving tea :) The only reason I got interested in tea is when I start my own café business. Unfortunately, that business is no longer running because my customers didn't like tea... kidding!

I'm currently living in Nagoya, Japan now and would want to learn more about mixing teas with other teas and other ingredients :) I love to make my own drinks even when the café was still open! :)

+ Post Reply