Might Have drank a cup of bad tea - question!

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jun 2nd, '20, 16:05

Might Have drank a cup of bad tea - question!

by Okami » Jun 2nd, '20, 16:05

Hello Everyone,

I drank a cup of loose leaf green tea from a can that had been open awhile. I was told that tea can go a bit stale but not go bad. I drank a cup and it tasted pungent and gross! I then discovered tea can go bad if not dry. I left the can in a dry area. No water got in it as far as I know. Am I in danger of food poisoning? I am a bit anxious now!

Jun 5th, '20, 10:09

Re: Might Have drank a cup of bad tea - question!

by twiggysiren » Jun 5th, '20, 10:09

Okami wrote: Hello Everyone,

I drank a cup of loose leaf green tea from a can that had been open awhile. I was told that tea can go a bit stale but not go bad. I drank a cup and it tasted pungent and gross! I then discovered tea can go bad if not dry. I left the can in a dry area. No water got in it as far as I know. Am I in danger of food poisoning? I am a bit anxious now!
Hi Okami,
I hope you are feeling well after that unfortunate cup. How long about was the can of tea left open? Microbes from the air could have spoiled it, even if the air seemed dry. Let me know how you are faring.
-Twiggy

Jun 15th, '20, 14:56

Re: Might Have drank a cup of bad tea - question!

by Bridgette » Jun 15th, '20, 14:56

Okami wrote: Hello Everyone,

Hope you're doing ok!
Adagio Online Community Manager

+ Post Reply