New to forum

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Feb 26th, '21, 16:05

New to forum

by kd2021 » Feb 26th, '21, 16:05

My interest is exclusively cast iron Japanese kyusu, especially smaller ones. I have around 30 in my collection, mostly mid to late 20th century pots with some post 2000 pots. My only interest in tea is as it relates to it use in cast iron Japanese kyusu. Due to various head traumas, I have no sense of smell and most tea tastes like warm water to me. I do have sweet, sour, salty and bitter from my taste buds but not a great range or subtlety in detecting those tastes.

I do have quite a few porcelain and ceramic tea sets, as well, but only occasionally use a yunomi and almost never a kyusu.

May 19th, '21, 16:35

Re: New to forum

by Bridgette » May 19th, '21, 16:35

kd2021 wrote: My interest is exclusively cast iron Japanese kyusu, especially smaller ones. I have around 30 in my collection, mostly mid to late 20th century pots with some post 2000 pots. My only interest in tea is as it relates to it use in cast iron Japanese kyusu. Due to various head traumas, I have no sense of smell and most tea tastes like warm water to me. I do have sweet, sour, salty and bitter from my taste buds but not a great range or subtlety in detecting those tastes.

I do have quite a few porcelain and ceramic tea sets, as well, but only occasionally use a yunomi and almost never a kyusu.
Welcome to TeaChat! :D
Adagio Online Community Manager

+ Post Reply