The Impossible Tea ♫

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Aug 3rd, '21, 16:44

The Impossible Tea ♫

by JayCee » Aug 3rd, '21, 16:44

Nobody makes a decaf Lopsang Souchong, because the demand is insufficient and most of the batch would get too old and have to be thrown out before it could be sold. (That is what many tea suppliers, including Adagio, have told me.) If anyone has heard of a supplier who would make such a tea, PLEASE tell me about it.

Aug 26th, '21, 17:30

Re: The Impossible Tea ♫

by harryflow » Aug 26th, '21, 17:30

JayCee wrote: Nobody makes a decaf Lopsang Souchong, because the demand is insufficient and most of the batch would get too old and have to be thrown Nox Vidmate VLC out before it could be sold. (That is what many tea suppliers, including Adagio, have told me.) If anyone has heard of a supplier who would make such a tea, PLEASE tell me about it.
I got some Lapsang Souchong in a sampler pack and hoo boy! That stuff smells crazy smoky. To be honest, I'm a little afraid to try it. Does anyone have any tips or advice on brewing Lapsang Souchong? Does it taste as smoky as it smells? I'm imagining it's like drinking a campfire.

Aug 27th, '21, 15:37

Re: The Impossible Tea ♫

by JayCee » Aug 27th, '21, 15:37

harryflow wrote:
JayCee wrote: Nobody makes a decaf Lopsang Souchong, because the demand is insufficient and most of the batch would get too old and have to be thrown out before it could be sold. (That is what many tea suppliers, including Adagio, have told me.) If anyone has heard of a supplier who would make such a tea, PLEASE tell me about it.
I got some Lapsang Souchong in a sampler pack and hoo boy! That stuff smells crazy smoky. To be honest, I'm a little afraid to try it. Does anyone have any tips or advice on brewing Lapsang Souchong? Does it taste as smoky as it smells? I'm imagining it's like drinking a campfire.
Brew it like any other. Yes, it does taste smoky. Is it more like drinking a campfire or like drinking a pipefull of black cavendish with latakia? You make the call. I love it, but my doc took me off caffeine.

+ Post Reply