Hello from Arizona

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Mar 30th, '22, 19:28

Hello from Arizona

by Rangen » Mar 30th, '22, 19:28

Hi.

I am brand new here, but not brand new to tea. I have long enjoyed oolongs, especially the rich honeyed ones, and Keemun. I even like the intense nasty Assam teas, with milk, as long as they are not too malty.

But my tea obsession is pu-erh. Not the artificially aged stuff, the real deal sheng, with a lot of age on it. And yet, there is a trouble, which kept me away from pu-erh for 15 years: it seem to really irritate my stomach. I think that only happens with the young stuff.

Now I'm about to revisit all of that, because my pu-erh buying frenzy in the 2000s, enough to make me a significant customer of Hou De, and to bring me to Hong Kong and the tea area of Beijing, resulted in several large coolers of pu-erh (with humidification, of course). They've been sitting for more than the requisite 11 years, so they are ready. And after a long obsession with roasting coffee, I am ready to revisit, and see if I can drink it. I hope I can. If not, you may see some discs for sale at some point.

Today, my first return to pu-erh in some time, was promising. Some years ago, I bought some special Menghai sets from Hou De. 5 discs in a red box, encompassing different flavor profiles. Now those discs are properly black, and I put 8 grams of one in a long-neglected clay teapot, and started the infusions. It was not only impressive, it reminded me of that "tea buzz" that happens when you get the good stuff. So I think I'm back in the pu erh world. We'll see.

Mar 31st, '22, 10:37

Re: Hello from Arizona

by Bridgette » Mar 31st, '22, 10:37

Rangen wrote: Hi.

I am brand new here, but not brand new to tea. I have long enjoyed oolongs, especially the rich honeyed ones, and Keemun. I even like the intense nasty Assam teas, with milk, as long as they are not too malty.

But my tea obsession is pu-erh. Not the artificially aged stuff, the real deal sheng, with a lot of age on it. And yet, there is a trouble, which kept me away from pu-erh for 15 years: it seem to really irritate my stomach. I think that only happens with the young stuff.

Now I'm about to revisit all of that, because my pu-erh buying frenzy in the 2000s, enough to make me a significant customer of Hou De, and to bring me to Hong Kong and the tea area of Beijing, resulted in several large coolers of pu-erh (with humidification, of course). They've been sitting for more than the requisite 11 years, so they are ready. And after a long obsession with roasting coffee, I am ready to revisit, and see if I can drink it. I hope I can. If not, you may see some discs for sale at some point.

Today, my first return to pu-erh in some time, was promising. Some years ago, I bought some special Menghai sets from Hou De. 5 discs in a red box, encompassing different flavor profiles. Now those discs are properly black, and I put 8 grams of one in a long-neglected clay teapot, and started the infusions. It was not only impressive, it reminded me of that "tea buzz" that happens when you get the good stuff. So I think I'm back in the pu erh world. We'll see.
Welcome to TeaChat, Rangen! Thank you for the thoughtful introduction. I hope you enjoy the forum :)
Adagio Online Community Manager

Apr 5th, '22, 10:28

Re: Hello from Arizona

by Bridgette » Apr 5th, '22, 10:28

niamul21 wrote: Hello!

This is Niamul Anan. I'm a new member here. I want to interact with people as I have an interest related to tea.
Hey Niamul, welcome to TeaChat!
Adagio Online Community Manager

+ Post Reply