Help identify tea (Shai Hong)

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jul 21st, '22, 09:08

Help identify tea (Shai Hong)

by Zubik » Jul 21st, '22, 09:08

Hi all! Sorry for my English, I'm translating through Google :)

I was given such a wonderful tea last year. I really don't understand what it says :)
From myself: this is Shai Hung, to taste between Yingde Hong Cha and dark oolong of strong fermentation.
Tea is not expensive but tasty

Чай назавжди змінює життя

Sep 24th, '22, 08:33

Re: Help identify tea (Shai Hong)

by Teasenz » Sep 24th, '22, 08:33

The packaging seems quite generic no company name.

I only read 'Yunnan Famous Tea' and 'Pu Tai Tai 普太太' which I thought might be a brand, but I can't find it on Chinese eCommerce platforms at all.

In the smaller text I read its from 'lincang', if you can unwrap the cake and take a picture of the full wrapper text I can help you further ;)
Loving the stories behind every leaf.

Sep 30th, '22, 11:37

by Zubik » Sep 30th, '22, 11:37

Teasenz wrote: The packaging seems quite generic no company name.

I only read 'Yunnan Famous Tea' and 'Pu Tai Tai 普太太' which I thought might be a brand, but I can't find it on Chinese eCommerce platforms at all.

In the smaller text I read its from 'lincang', if you can unwrap the cake and take a picture of the full wrapper text I can help you further ;)
Чай назавжди змінює життя

Oct 8th, '22, 16:39

by gaaah » Oct 8th, '22, 16:39

You probably already know this but "Shai Hong" means sun-dried. These are a new favorite for me among black teas. I think they use the same leaves as a typical Yunnan Dian Hong, but somehow the sun-drying or the compressed cake form always has a fresher, zippier taste. Yunnan Sourcing offers several examples. I don't age them. I love them just the way they come. I found a few on AliExpress too, which BTW takes Paypal now.

The white Shou Mei tea is notably better in the compressed form too, IMO.

+ Post Reply