Teaclass...

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jul 18th, '05, 17:37

Teaclass...

by PeteVu » Jul 18th, '05, 17:37

what a fun way to learn about tea! i cant stop reading. heres one of my favorite lines...

"The rule of thumb is 5 minutes for most black teas-- any longer, and they'll taste almost as bad as coffee."

hahaha, take that coffee! ^^
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Jul 18th, '05, 17:40

by chris » Jul 18th, '05, 17:40

Glad you enjoy!

I'm working on the Advanced class now.... once you've finished, let me know if there is anything else you'd like to learn about, and i'll try to work it in!

Cheers,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jul 18th, '05, 19:10

by PeteVu » Jul 18th, '05, 19:10

from teaclass about white tea:

"Add 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of white tea per eight ounces of water in a cup or teapot. Pour water over the tea and steep for two minutes."

from preparation link of adagio site:

"...steeped for seven minutes. Recommended ratio is two teaspoons per cup of water"
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Jul 18th, '05, 19:17

by PeteVu » Jul 18th, '05, 19:17

all in all a fun and informitive guide to tea. Id like to learn more about categorizing the tea with those weird strings of letters; seems interesting. I feel like, though, i simply broke the surface of tea and will probably read more about it later. i came across a book called The Tea Companion: A Connoisseur's Guide by Jane Pettigrew, but didnt buy it at the time. many reviews claim its a great book. Has anyone read this book?

Jul 19th, '05, 10:58

by chris » Jul 19th, '05, 10:58

It's a good book, yes. Highly recommended for any true tea connoisseur (it is definitely more suited for those who already know something about tea).

Jane just came out with a new edition of this book with Bruce Richardson, and it is even fuller with interesting stories and facts about tea. I was just talking to Bruce on the phone, who let me know that it is now available on Amazon.com as well. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 966347838/

Cheers,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

+ Post Reply