4 ounce Tins - Clear Top?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

User avatar
Feb 12th, '08, 17:46
Posts: 485
Joined: Feb 3rd, '08, 00:32

4 ounce Tins - Clear Top?

by TimeforTea » Feb 12th, '08, 17:46

I was so ecstatic to see my box from adagio sitting on my front stoop as I returned from a very cold walk with my dogs.

However, I was disappointed to see that the 4 oz tins are not all enclosed like the 2 ounce tins are. How do I keep light out if the top is clear? :cry:
Last edited by TimeforTea on Feb 13th, '08, 03:25, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Feb 12th, '08, 17:55
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Feb 12th, '08, 17:55

I guess if I were worried, I'd put a piece of foil on top when closing. My teas are all in my pantry so I'm not worried about that. Not to mention a million other samples stacked on top of them.

User avatar
Feb 12th, '08, 18:04
Posts: 449
Joined: Mar 23rd, '07, 14:32
Location: dirty Jersey.

by xine » Feb 12th, '08, 18:04

All the clear-top Adagio tea tins are UV-coated. This is so you can see the beautiful leaves of tea and block out sunlight at the same time :)

Also- the sample tins are more like 1/2 oz to 1oz of tea. :)

User avatar
Feb 12th, '08, 21:17
Posts: 338
Joined: Jan 27th, '08, 20:19
Location: Houston, TX

by Sam. » Feb 12th, '08, 21:17

Like xine said, the clear tops have a special coating so that the light won't hurt your beautiful tea! I think if you flip the tin upside-down it says so on the bottom.

User avatar
Feb 13th, '08, 03:22
Posts: 485
Joined: Feb 3rd, '08, 00:32

by TimeforTea » Feb 13th, '08, 03:22

Very good to know about the UV protection. Thanks! 8)

User avatar
Feb 23rd, '08, 08:35
Posts: 19
Joined: Feb 22nd, '08, 01:17
Location: Belmar, NJ USA

!

by erikt » Feb 23rd, '08, 08:35

Very awesome! I have to buy some just for that! I love looking at tea, but it's not to smart hence the whole tea+UV= bad thing