China Green Tips
A few days ago I picked up a sampler pack from Tazo and really enjoyed the China Green Tips tea. I found it more earthy and oaky then any other green tea I've tried, anyone else drinking China Green Tips?
I have. It's the only drinkable Tazo tea, IMO. I used to drink it at work when I didn't want to mess with loose tea. Many of Tazo's tea is flavored with peach, mint, vanilla, mountain sunshine, etc. . . I'm just not into the flavored stuff. Green Tips is the only tea I can get on the road when I stop at Sbux.
What else was in the sample pack?
I bought a sample of iced teas from Tazo last summer. It was just dreadful. 3 of 4 of them had mint.
What else was in the sample pack?
I bought a sample of iced teas from Tazo last summer. It was just dreadful. 3 of 4 of them had mint.
If you mean bitter, that usually is because you are:chupenglong wrote: I like the green tea aroma, but some taste very bit
Using water that is too hot
or
Steeping too long
or
both
Although some greens are particularly difficult, try starting at water below a boil (170F to 180F - 76C to 82C) and steep for 3 minutes, no longer. If it is still too bitter, try reducing steep time or the temperature.
Also, make sure you are using enough leaves. I usually measure by relative volume, and you usually want about 1 standard teaspoon per 8 ounces of water.
Yes. I actually have a box of this stuff and it's not too bad if you want cheap tea.Pentox wrote:oddly enough china green tips tastes more like sencha to me.
Brewed at 175F, 8 oz using a first steep of 3 minutes, it is very light with no sign of bitterness (as noted above).
However, it is too light for my taste compared to even regular sencha. It has a taste of low-grade daily sencha, but hey, it's cheap.
Definitely not something if you want more of a grassy taste.
I think I could get that taste of my daily sencha if I brewed it using 5-6 oz. I'll try later.
Last edited by BryanP on Aug 3rd, '08, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.
Try non-organic green tea if you want flavor. Organic green teas tend to taste more watered down compared to non-organics. Not ALL organic greens teas are like what I just described, but most are.Riene wrote:I drink Tazo's China Green Tips on occasion, and also the Organic Green. They are (so far) the only greens I've tried.