Tea order protocol
I am new to the world of tea and was wondering if there are any guidelines to the order in which you should taste tea. I know with wines you should start with the light, sweet ones first, such as a White Zinfadel, then work your way up to the dark, dry wines such as a Cabernet Sauvingnon. Is there anything similar in the world of tea?
Apr 17th, '08, 14:59
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Protocol, nope...
It is however common to see many tea drinkers start with black teas. But this could be because traditionally it was the most readily available tea in the "west." I also think blacks are a little more approachable than most others and a good starting point, just be willing to experiment and try new teas.
TeaChat is a great place to start though...so welcome to TeaChat, ccTea.
A great place to see what members are drinking on any given day is TeaDay, click here.
It is however common to see many tea drinkers start with black teas. But this could be because traditionally it was the most readily available tea in the "west." I also think blacks are a little more approachable than most others and a good starting point, just be willing to experiment and try new teas.
TeaChat is a great place to start though...so welcome to TeaChat, ccTea.
A great place to see what members are drinking on any given day is TeaDay, click here.