Oct 18th, '05, 09:40

by Tadiera » Oct 18th, '05, 09:40

Mike B wrote:
The "Guest" is quite obviously Mike B.
Dammit!!!
I guess they figured you out, Mike.

Oct 18th, '05, 11:47

by chris » Oct 18th, '05, 11:47

I was gonna say that our cheerful guest is simply Zach's cat, finally getting his revenge for MikeB's domestic antics. But I'm not allowed to mention the aforementioned cat in mixed company any more, so forget i said anything.

Oct 18th, '05, 18:37

bowels or bowls anyone?

by floridahawk » Oct 18th, '05, 18:37

My goodness so much drama over my initial post, Mike B’s reply, and then my subsequent response.

Ok, First, Mike B. sorry I said you were from Tennessee, but your occupation does state, “I'm a lady mule skinner from down home Tennessee way. Hey hey “. I admit I assumed that was where you were from there (Lots of people move to other states but still consider themselves to be from somewhere else). I hope I am not offending anyone now from Tennessee. However, before I replied I did skim over several posts of Mike B.'s and saw a pattern of nitpicking over vocabulary without answering any questions. I guess I was probably having a “bad day”. Also, I used to go to a local chat room in my home town but there were lots of “puerile” little boys attempting to act “elitist” on that site, so I guess I assumed the same thing. Now, after seeing the three pages of replies from various people this is NOT the same kind of site.

Also, he did send me a private apology, and I did reply privately to that email saying that I accepted his apology and was sorry. If I had known now what I know, I would of published it publicly. Lady Arden, Jzero, Chris, Tracy, Teaspoon, and others actually did make some statements that did help to smooth my feathers so to speak and put things in perspective. I appreciate your replies. Thank you.

Finally, I have only published replies on this site as Floridahawk, and I don’t think that the guest was Mike B. either. Somehow that does not seem to be his style, but what do I know. But hey, when the day is over, does it really matter? Really?

I will make sure to cut back on the caffeine.

Now, I am going to make some tea in my stainless steel bowel, whoops I meant bowl.

Oct 19th, '05, 00:22

by teaspoon » Oct 19th, '05, 00:22

I like you, Floridahawk. You seem pretty cool. :)

~teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Oct 29th, '05, 14:12

by Charm » Oct 29th, '05, 14:12

This thread is beyond wow. Hopefully I don't have any typos.

I too am trying to cut back from coffee, my average is 3 cups day?.. Any suggestions of tea that would be a good catalyst to ease the headaches in the transition?

Back to the subject also of residual substances permeating the tea with unknown effects from the containers being used.. The only input to this would be plastics definitely give off contaminants. I work for a large recycling/export company and have learned that plastics and styrofoams are a HUGE no no.

Oct 30th, '05, 03:30

by Charm » Oct 30th, '05, 03:30

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to
rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat
ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can
sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig, huh?

Sorry, I couldn't resist!! LOL :)

Oct 30th, '05, 11:26

by teaspoon » Oct 30th, '05, 11:26

LoL I've seen that before! Well done!

~teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jan 22nd, '06, 20:11

by AlTeavious » Jan 22nd, '06, 20:11

Floridahawk - if you need a stronger breakfast tea you could try Pu erh. I know people who brew it overnight in a thermos flask for an "espresso style" tea in the morning. I can't say that i've ever tried it (a few minutes is enough for me) but it might be an easier jump coming from coffee.

Of course now that I think about it you've probably sorted things yourself since October...

+ Post Reply