Friday is TeaDay 4/25/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Chamekke has a philosophical question. If you were a tea, what kind of tea would you be? She is NOT asking for your fav tea.

A black
2
4%
An oolong
11
23%
A green
14
29%
A white
6
13%
A yellow
0
No votes
A pu-erh
8
17%
A flavored
2
4%
Decaf
0
No votes
Rooibos
0
No votes
Herbal
0
No votes
A flowering tea
1
2%
Other
4
8%
 
Total votes: 48

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 8:32 am
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Friday is TeaDay 4/25/08

by Chip » Apr 25th 08 8:32 am

Yesterday, responders indicated a lot of interest in TeaChat. The most votes went to "I can quit anytime I want, really! I just don't want to," not sure I believe them. :wink: 10 responders indicated they were seriously addicted to TC!!! You may still vote and discuss yesterday's topic. (BTW, 72 discussion replies!)

Also, yesterday had to be a near record day for posts for TeaChat. I literally could not keep up. Fortunately, spammers are not getting onto the forum now. So, I finally relaxed and watched the forum come alive. It was amazing!!!

Welcome everyone to TeaDay!!! I mean everyone. So, fill a pot of tea and come share what is in your cup now and through out the day. Post as often as you want. While you are here, be sure to see what is in everyone's cup as well! That is at least half the fun. If you must, you can also reflect back on your TeaDay...

Today's TeaPoll was suggested by Chamekke. It can be philosophical, but it can be simply fun if you choose. If you were a tea, what would it be? She is not asking what is your favorite, but what would you BE. So, share with everyone today on TeaDay.

I look forward to seeing everyone on TeaDay today!!!

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 8:33 am
Posts: 281
Joined: Mar 6th 08 11:02 pm
Location: immersed in tea

by trent » Apr 25th 08 8:33 am

Not just any green, a japanese green - fukamushi.

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 8:49 am
Posts: 616
Joined: Mar 4th 08 8:53 am
Location: Peoria, IL

by Trioxin » Apr 25th 08 8:49 am

I'd definitely be a pu-erh. Dirty and offensive.

What's in my cup? I'm not really sure...

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 9:25 am
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 11th 08 2:34 am
Location: N. Colorado

by Terrasi » Apr 25th 08 9:25 am

I'd be an oolong, because oolongs can really vary (not that I'm saying other teas can't). An oolong can be closer to black or closer to green. I could never be green, I always forget to recycle.

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 9:55 am
Posts: 921
Joined: Feb 6th 08 9:57 am
Location: enjoying a cup of Red Rose down in GA

by omegapd » Apr 25th 08 9:55 am

I think this is the first time I have not been able to come up with an answer to a TeaDay question...

New Mexico TC Ginseng Oolong this morning for a couple steeps. Not going to be a favorite, though...

EW

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 10:02 am
Posts: 3348
Joined: Feb 8th 08 7:10 am
Location: France

by olivierco » Apr 25th 08 10:02 am

This morning Yunann golden tips and I won't be able to have have my next tea before 6pm.

I am perplex with what to answer to this poll.

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 10:27 am
Posts: 857
Joined: Oct 13th 07 2:12 pm
Location: Nørwåy

by Trey Winston » Apr 25th 08 10:27 am

I know precisely what to answer, but I don't know why: green.

But white is in my cup.

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 10:35 am
Posts: 591
Joined: Apr 22nd 07 3:01 am
Location: Indianapolis IN

by augie » Apr 25th 08 10:35 am

olivierco wrote: I am perplex with what to answer to this poll.
Me too, I just don't want to be tea. Stand back and admire, though.

Drinking coffee right now until I am alert enough to make good tea. Thank Goodness it's Friday!

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 11:49 am
Posts: 727
Joined: Dec 23rd 07 2:02 am
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » Apr 25th 08 11:49 am

Trioxin wrote:I'd definitely be a pu-erh. Dirty and offensive.
Pu here, too.

I'm 37 years old, complex, and need a good rinse.

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 12:02 pm
Posts: 485
Joined: Feb 3rd 08 12:32 am

by TimeforTea » Apr 25th 08 12:02 pm

Interesting. A philosophical tea question! If I were a tea, I would be a green tea: simple, down to earth, unprocessed, nothing superficial added.

This morning I brewed Victoria's Blend (thanks, Cinnamon Kitty!). The 1st steep was very smooth, satisfying, and tasty...especially for a dark brew! :wink: I was hoping to taste more peach in the 2nd blend. However, it came out kind of bitter or astringent. I used 8 ounces and 2 tsp., just off boiling, for 2 minutes for the 2nd steep.

I'm not sure if my parameters were off, or if it was because of the UtiliTEA. I try to make it just off boiling, as Victoria suggests. However, I find with the UtiliTEA, my dial always bounces between green and red to one or the other and will not stay in between. Does anyone else experience this?

Cinnamon Kitty, I hope my tea package arrives today! Thank you for being patient through my stomach flu! :)

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 12:49 pm
Posts: 157
Joined: Apr 8th 08 11:10 pm
Location: Maryland

by ThinkingOutLoud » Apr 25th 08 12:49 pm

White: subtle, generally unappreciated complexity

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 1:38 pm
Posts: 319
Joined: Jan 31st 08 2:33 pm

by Aphroditea » Apr 25th 08 1:38 pm

Now, technically I asked the question. Chamekke asked what kind of tea Sartre would be. (I think the current answer to that question is orange pekoe)

Then I turned it around and asked Chamekke (who then asked for it to be a poll) - just getting history straight. :wink:

I answered already on ThatOtherThread(tm): Foxtrot, because I am complex yet playful.

This morning my cup contains Oriental Spice with honey and milk. Hmmm...chai :D

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 2:47 pm
Posts: 222
Joined: Feb 15th 08 1:51 am
Location: New York

by witches brew » Apr 25th 08 2:47 pm

I believe I would be a white tea: subtle, slightly mysterious, and a bit complex for the common palate to comprehend.

In my cup this morning, the dregs of my favorite Rooibos Tropica. It's time to pour another cup and get back to work.

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 3:36 pm
Posts: 995
Joined: Feb 8th 08 7:22 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

by auggy » Apr 25th 08 3:36 pm

I picked flavored. Not all that complex or high class. Sometimes a little obnoxious. And I smell pretty. :lol:

Took a stab at citron green again this morning since no one wants to teaswap it with me. Used less leaf so it wasn't like drinking the milk after a bowl of Fruity Pebbles again, but I still kept thinking of cereal. I liked it better than last time, but still not sure if I liked it.

User avatar
Apr 25th 08 3:40 pm
Posts: 1953
Joined: Apr 6th 08 11:02 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada

by chamekke » Apr 25th 08 3:40 pm

I was going to say matcha for koicha... because I'm beautiful, expensive, and sometimes a bit thick :wink:

But really I feel that I'm green - specifically, sencha. Not sure why ... is it because I don't like very hot temperatures? Or because I'm fussy? Is it the Japanese cultural connection, possibly? (Doesn't hurt that green is my favourite colour, either...)
______________________

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly