Where to get Kyusus

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 9th, '08, 18:22

by Thirsty Daruma » May 9th, '08, 18:22

Ah!

Ah ha!

Chamekke! I have one of those! I brought it back from Japan as a cheap little gift for someone who wanted a tea pot. Pfff, as if I could make it back through three airports with a delicate piece of ceramic intact.

May 10th, '08, 01:39

by greenisgood » May 10th, '08, 01:39

I love my Rishi Fukugata and would reccommend them to anyone for a first kyusu if they ever come back in stock. I personally have always liked the idea of a clay sesame screen and the Fukugata is a good solid teapot for $35. I broke the handle a while ago in an unfortunate mishap but I glued it and it still works fine. Good volume for my taste too.

May 10th, '08, 02:04

by chamekke » May 10th, '08, 02:04

GarrettB wrote:Ah!

Ah ha!

Chamekke! I have one of those! I brought it back from Japan as a cheap little gift for someone who wanted a tea pot. Pfff, as if I could make it back through three airports with a delicate piece of ceramic intact.
Awesome choice. I love chopstick rests, and have a small collection of them... they are so interesting, funny and beautiful.

This one is a little lumpier than Den's actual kyusu, but it's still super-cute. I wonder if it was a promotional piece?

+ Post Reply