Yeah Monday TeaDay 6/16/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The very last time you tried a tea for the very FIRST time was...?

Today...wooo hooo
8
16%
Yesterday...w@@t
9
18%
Less than a week ago...
17
33%
Less than a month ago...
10
20%
Less than 3 months ago
4
8%
Less than 6 months ago
1
2%
Way too long it would appear.
2
4%
 
Total votes: 51

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 7:45 am
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Yeah Monday TeaDay 6/16/08

by Chip » Jun 16th 08 7:45 am

I hope everyone had a great TeaWeekend.

Welcome everyone to a new week on TeaDay. Let's go brew and come back and share what is in our cups today, all day long. If you need to you can reflect back on your TeaDay.

What's new? That is the subject of today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. Share with us when was the last time you had a new tea for the very first time. Of course, also share what it was as well. Your impression of it.

I am looking forward to sharing TeaDay with all of you. So, bottoms up, refill, repeat as many times as you can.

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 8:18 am
Posts: 921
Joined: Feb 6th 08 9:57 am
Location: enjoying a cup of Red Rose down in GA

by omegapd » Jun 16th 08 8:18 am

Yesterday. Tried the Osmanthus Oolong from Upton. Very nice. Lightly oxidized Chinese scented with Osmanthus flowers. It brewed up a light yellow cup with just a hint of flower aroma. I didn't know what to expect since the few examples of Jasmine scented teas I've tried have been almost overpowering, so this was a nice change of pace to those.

No tea this morning as it's only 0415 and I think I'm going to try and catch another few hours of sleep on my day off.

Eric

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 8:57 am
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 21st 06 4:33 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Been thanked: 1 time

Nilgiri and Parigi

by Salsero » Jun 16th 08 8:57 am

A special cup of handmade Nilgiri.
O.K., yesterday we did Puccini in Japan; today, Massenet in France: En fermant les yeux…

Image
  • Click photo for larger image

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 9:48 am
Posts: 157
Joined: Apr 8th 08 11:10 pm
Location: Maryland

by ThinkingOutLoud » Jun 16th 08 9:48 am

A few weeks ago, tried a round of oolongs courtesy of Henley. Today, all tea will seem new after a withdrawal weekend, though I'm drinking only water first to resupply a slightly dehydrated body. A full pot of Irish Breakfast is shortly on the horizon!

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 10:26 am
Posts: 265
Joined: Jan 8th 08 1:55 am
Location: Pennslyvania

by Ladytiger » Jun 16th 08 10:26 am

The last time I tried a tea for the first time was less than 3 months ago and was mango flavored black tea from adagio.

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 12:28 pm
Posts: 485
Joined: Feb 3rd 08 12:32 am

by TimeforTea » Jun 16th 08 12:28 pm

The last time I tried a new tea for the first time was less than a month ago...all these oolongs to try! :D

This morning, I am enjoying something different and refreshing: iced white peach.

Have a great day, everyone!

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 12:31 pm
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mar 23rd 08 2:26 am
Location: Yixing

by chrl42 » Jun 16th 08 12:31 pm

Last weekend I tried En Shi Yu Lu - the only Chinese steamed green known to exist - for the first time.
However, unlike my expectation, it belonged to the taste group of other Chinese greens than Japanese greens in my opinion.

I might have to try that again..

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 1:01 pm
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 11th 08 2:34 am
Location: N. Colorado

by Terrasi » Jun 16th 08 1:01 pm

Yesterday. I've been in North Carolina for a week (with another week to go) and I brought a few tea samples with me to try.

So yesterday I tried adagio's birthday tea (smells better than it tastes) and the ginger peach, which I personally love.

Taking trips gives me a good chance to try new teas, since I don't have access to my normal tea collection. I do miss my yunnan gold though.

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 1:37 pm
Posts: 857
Joined: Oct 13th 07 2:12 pm
Location: Nørwåy

by Trey Winston » Jun 16th 08 1:37 pm

It's been some time since I tried a new one, but I have samples of several whites that I intend to try very soon.
Trey

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 3:57 pm
Posts: 591
Joined: Apr 22nd 07 3:01 am
Location: Indianapolis IN

by augie » Jun 16th 08 3:57 pm

Oh, sheesh I don't write this stuff down like I should. . .
I was working through my Green Pu Ehr sample bonanza -- not thrilled by it. :?

Nice footed teacup, Salsero.

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 4:07 pm
Posts: 3348
Joined: Feb 8th 08 7:10 am
Location: France

by olivierco » Jun 16th 08 4:07 pm

I tried some silver needles last week (12th june). I don't know if it counts as a new tea because I had already silver needles, but they were from another seller.
If you meant a real new tea, this is Ippodo shincha that I tried on 6th june.

This morning silver needles with my breakfast. Ippodo shincha in a few minutes.

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 4:22 pm
Posts: 1548
Joined: Jun 8th 07 5:00 pm
Location: 3161 A.D.

by Wesli » Jun 16th 08 4:22 pm

Is the question the last time we tried a tea category (i.e. oolong, green, black) for the first time, or is it asking the last time we tried a new tea (i.e. Weslitea.com's TGFOPFTW black assam)? Or is it even the tea category, like bai hao yinzhen, pai mutan, long jing, sencha?!

Last night I tried a sweet, smooth and mellow 8 year old shu pu-erh. It may have been the first time I agreed completely with a vendor description. :lol:

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 4:37 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

by Chip » Jun 16th 08 4:37 pm

Wesli wrote:Is the question the last time we tried a tea category (i.e. oolong, green, black) for the first time, or is it asking the last time we tried a new tea (i.e. Weslitea.com's TGFOPFTW black assam)? Or is it even the tea category, like bai hao yinzhen, pai mutan, long jing, sencha?!

Last night I tried a sweet, smooth and mellow 8 year old shu pu-erh. It may have been the first time I agreed completely with a vendor description. :lol:
Any or all of the above...simply a new tea for the individual whether it is a class, type, or a specific offering. Simply any new tea.

I am about to try for a very first time...Shincha Houryoko Fukamushi. A limited time offering shincha from Den's. The dry leaf smells very sweet. Wooo hooo

Earlier, Keemun Concerto from adagio.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 4:53 pm
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th 08 11:00 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Jun 16th 08 4:53 pm

Yesterday I tried Tao of Tea as a vendor for the first time and their LiShan which is in my cup again today.

Image

User avatar
Jun 16th 08 5:06 pm
Posts: 2625
Joined: May 31st 08 6:44 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Nilgiri and Parigi

by Geekgirl » Jun 16th 08 5:06 pm

Salsero wrote:A special cup of handmade Nilgiri.
O.K., yesterday we did Puccini in Japan; today, Massenet in France: En fermant les yeux…

Image
  • Click photo for larger image
Holy moly, my jealousy meter just pinged all the way to the right! LOVE this teaset!