Earl Grey/Lapsang Blend?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Oct 31st 05 12:13 am

Earl Grey/Lapsang Blend?

by forgetfulteadrinkr » Oct 31st 05 12:13 am

Hi there,

I'm trying to remember the name/brand of tea that a friend of mine brought back from England (I think it was bought at Harrod's) a few years ago. It's an earl grey/lapsang souchong blend. That might be a really broad description but I thought I'd ask all the tea lovers on this board!

I recall that I couldn't find the same tea in the U.S. through British import outlets because the company had stopped exporting the tea, possibly because it was considering opening its own stores in the U.S. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks!
Sue

User avatar
Nov 2nd 05 10:26 pm
Posts: 402
Joined: Jun 16th 05 1:35 am
Location: Norristown, PA

by jogrebe » Nov 2nd 05 10:26 pm

Interesting combination Earl Grey and Lapsang Souchong, personally I've never heard of it. At the same time you reminded me of a "home tea blend" recipe list on the Twinings website in my pre-Adagio about brewing Darjeelin and Lapsang Souchong together in the same teapot in their list of suggestions to try. At the same time I'd recommend trying it with higher quality teas such as those from Adagio, which while I've never had their Earl Grey and Lapsang Souchong teas I assume they must be good to people that like those blends, even though I personal don't enjoy them.

User avatar
Nov 3rd 05 4:45 pm
Posts: 328
Joined: Aug 12th 05 6:05 pm
Location: Philadelphia

by klemptor » Nov 3rd 05 4:45 pm

Smoky Earl Grey is actually a pretty common blend. Just google "smoky Earl Grey" and you'll find several results.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

User avatar
Nov 7th 08 9:43 pm
Posts: 200
Joined: Feb 26th 08 2:01 pm

by JM » Nov 7th 08 9:43 pm

I hope to try it tonight!