I've got boxes of these loose leaf tea now.
Prince of Wales
Lady Grey
Earl Grey
Russian Caravan
Orange Pekoe
Irish Breakfast
English Breakfast
Tried traditional afternoon in tea bags mmmm love it now just have to hunt it down in loose leaf.
Can anyone suggest any additions? i'm always up to try new tea.
Jul 18th, '08, 09:49
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mar 19th, '06, 12:42
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: On the couch
Contact:
Proinsias
Yunnan Gold
Qimen/Kemun
and some good Darjeeling are my fav blacks and have been for some time.
Go get 'em.
Qimen/Kemun
and some good Darjeeling are my fav blacks and have been for some time.
Go get 'em.
Last edited by Proinsias on Jul 18th, '08, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Congrats!
I second the Yunnan Gold.
You might want to try the Spring Darjeeling
while it's still around, good stuff!
I second the Yunnan Gold.
You might want to try the Spring Darjeeling
while it's still around, good stuff!
- Victoria -
http://victoriasown.blogspot.com/
http://victoriasown.blogspot.com/
Assam Melody
Ceylon Sonata
(I mix Assam Melody and Ceylon Sonata together for iced tea, kind of a homemade Irish Breakfast mix)
Darjeeling #22
Golden Monkey
I haven't been too thrilled with Chinese black teas, with the exception of Golden Monkey. For some reason the Chinese ones taste more bitter to me than Indian or Ceylon(ese?) teas.
Ceylon Sonata
(I mix Assam Melody and Ceylon Sonata together for iced tea, kind of a homemade Irish Breakfast mix)
Darjeeling #22
Golden Monkey
I haven't been too thrilled with Chinese black teas, with the exception of Golden Monkey. For some reason the Chinese ones taste more bitter to me than Indian or Ceylon(ese?) teas.
My favorite Black Tea growing Regions are, in no particular order:
Yunnan (ie Golden Yunnan)
Keemun
Fujian
Assam (Meleng Estate is out of this world)
Ceylon
I am spoiled, I could not drink mediocre black tea anymore, barring extenuating circumstance
BTW, tea names like Orange Pekoe are just advertising terms for consumer-grade, mass-marketed tea and don't mean anything in particular in that usage-
But the good news is that higher-end tea is not all that expensive, and readily available if you know where to look! The Adagio offerings are a good start, and SpecialTeas rocks. Good luck!
Black Tea Music Video
Yunnan (ie Golden Yunnan)
Keemun
Fujian
Assam (Meleng Estate is out of this world)
Ceylon
I am spoiled, I could not drink mediocre black tea anymore, barring extenuating circumstance

BTW, tea names like Orange Pekoe are just advertising terms for consumer-grade, mass-marketed tea and don't mean anything in particular in that usage-
But the good news is that higher-end tea is not all that expensive, and readily available if you know where to look! The Adagio offerings are a good start, and SpecialTeas rocks. Good luck!
Black Tea Music Video
Revolution Teas makes a Scottish Breakfast - in pyramid bags only though.
- Victoria -
http://victoriasown.blogspot.com/
http://victoriasown.blogspot.com/
Jul 19th, '08, 14:16
Posts: 921
Joined: Feb 6th, '08, 04:57
Location: enjoying a cup of Red Rose down in GA
Tea Drinking Peasant,
New Mexico Tea Company also makes a Scottish Breakfast. Be advised it's not for the weak at heart.
Not a drop of sweetness and very stout. I loved it when I first got it from them, but over time, it just became too much to drink everyday...Theirs makes a typical Irish Breakfast tea taste like water.
New Mexico Tea Company also makes a Scottish Breakfast. Be advised it's not for the weak at heart.
Don't worry i *love* strong teas (i can do subtle teas as iam polishing off an earl grey now) this sounds interesting i heard that you cant import loose leaf into Australia.omegapd wrote:Tea Drinking Peasant,
New Mexico Tea Company also makes a Scottish Breakfast. Be advised it's not for the weak at heart.Not a drop of sweetness and very stout. I loved it when I first got it from them, but over time, it just became too much to drink everyday...Theirs makes a typical Irish Breakfast tea taste like water.
@Victoria I would initially just buy it in tea bags to try out.