Wednesday TeaDay 9/03/08 Crave Factor for oolong

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

A new TeaDay, a new "CRAVE FACTOR." This time it is OOLONG, what is your personal crave factor for oolong?

10 I cannot resist the oolongs
8
15%
9 I realllly realllly crave 'em, even the night before
6
11%
8 I realllly crave 'em
10
18%
7 I certainly crave them
9
16%
6 Yep, cravin' oolongs
3
5%
5 Maybe, though crave might be too strong a word
7
13%
4 I like them, maybe, but not craving them
6
11%
3 No, I do not crave them
6
11%
2 Don't really like them
0
No votes
1 Hate them
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 4:00 am
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Wednesday TeaDay 9/03/08 Crave Factor for oolong

by Chip » Sep 3rd 08 4:00 am

Welcome everyone to TeaDay! I hope we can all share what is in our cups today, all day! Shall we brew?

Yesterday, the "Crave Factor" was introduced. We took a look at our crave factor for Black tea. The results were across the entire spectrum, except nobody voted for 1, "I hate them." 45% of responders indicated they crave Blacks.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic, we again examine our Crave Factors, this time, how much do you, or don't you, crave oolongs? Please share your personal "crave factor."

I am craving to share TeaDay with everyone today, bottoms up!

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 4:13 am
Posts: 109
Joined: Aug 12th 08 7:42 pm
Location: Canada

by Wosret » Sep 3rd 08 4:13 am

I honestly can't remember ever having tried an oolong ... I might have at a "world of tea" tasting?

Sep 3rd 08 4:15 am
Posts: 1622
Joined: Jun 25th 08 3:03 am

by edkrueger » Sep 3rd 08 4:15 am

Then you can't vote. :twisted:

I like these crave polls. We could add up all of the votes and see which tea wins.

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 4:34 am
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 21st 06 4:33 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Been thanked: 1 time

Mystery Xiaguan Tuocha

by Salsero » Sep 3rd 08 4:34 am

Jade Cicada of BBB’s Puerh Live Journal forum found a mystery puerh tuocha which Brandon immediately recognized. In the ensuing contingencies, she unwittingly tasted her first sheng – an aged sheng at that – and was moved to share a substantial portion of her boon with fellow puerh-philes, whose observations are being gathered HERE. Thanks, Jade Cicada, aka eanglin in TeaChat.

Image

Pictured here is the third infusion. The next few infusions were much darker, but equally clear and bright.

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 5:23 am
Posts: 3348
Joined: Feb 8th 08 7:10 am
Location: France

by olivierco » Sep 3rd 08 5:23 am

"5 Maybe, though crave might be too strong a word".
I appreciate oolongs but oolong isn't the first tea that comes on my mind when I want to drink tea.

Keemun with my breakfast.

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 5:29 am
Posts: 1953
Joined: Apr 6th 08 11:02 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada

by chamekke » Sep 3rd 08 5:29 am

"7 - Certainly crave them"

Actually, the oolongs are making inroads on my affections at the moment. Look out, greens!

In my (Salsero-given, pine-needle-decorated) cup at the moment... appropriately enough, some TKY.
______________________

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Sep 3rd 08 6:09 am
Posts: 1978
Joined: Jan 14th 08 11:01 pm
Location: CA

by Pentox » Sep 3rd 08 6:09 am

I don't really have much of an oolong drive at all.

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 6:15 am
Posts: 1289
Joined: May 10th 08 11:22 pm
Location: Kentucky

by kymidwife » Sep 3rd 08 6:15 am

Oolongs got a firm 9 out of 10 for me... almost had to go for a 10... except I do still often crave blacks, and occasionally greens. But overall, for the last 2 to 3 months, I've consistently craved greenish oolongs every single day, usually in a very big way.

In my cup this late night was the Jade TKY "Tenuki's Roast" sent graciously by Henley in a tea trade. First 3 infusions were most delicious, each very different from the last. Now I must try roasting my own.

Oolongs are so complex, exist in so many variant states, and new ones can be so unexpectedly different... I just grow more intrigued as I try more, and don't see myself falling out of love with them anytime soon. I may have to take a few vacation days when the oolong box gets to me!

Off to bed... sweet dreams to all.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 6:33 am
Posts: 921
Joined: Feb 6th 08 9:57 am
Location: enjoying a cup of Red Rose down in GA

by omegapd » Sep 3rd 08 6:33 am

Nope, don't crave them much at all. The green ones taste just like green tea to me and the roasted ones have that woody taste I just don't like. Of course, this is just a generalization and I hadn't tried them all, but I just didn't like very many of the ones I have tried...

That just leaves more for Victoria. :wink:

EW

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 8:05 am
Posts: 522
Joined: Apr 10th 08 8:39 pm
Location: Sweden

by Beidao » Sep 3rd 08 8:05 am

OF COURSE. How could I not crave oolong?? And then I haven't even tried a Wuyi :shock: (except for Dan Cong which I'm really in love with)

I voted 10

Drinking Dong Ding at the moment. Was to distracted when making the first brewings, sort of damaged it all. And this was my last DD :cry:
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Sep 3rd 08 10:12 am
Posts: 107
Joined: Feb 6th 06 4:53 am
Location: Cape Cod

by soapy » Sep 3rd 08 10:12 am

of course I have to have my oolongs..... :)
Get Paid to go on Vacations and deduct ALL personal travel, car purchases, concerts, attractions,golfing, flowers, going to sport events and so much more.
ask me how!
http://travelsyourway.biz
What are you waiting for...Join Today!

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 10:39 am
Posts: 591
Joined: Apr 22nd 07 3:01 am
Location: Indianapolis IN

by augie » Sep 3rd 08 10:39 am

I think I voted 8. Oolong rocks!

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 11:19 am
Posts: 727
Joined: Dec 23rd 07 2:02 am
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » Sep 3rd 08 11:19 am

If there were an 'other' I'd check it, as I occasionally crave *some* oolongs.

The siren song of rock tea calls to me some times.

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 12:14 pm
Posts: 708
Joined: Aug 21st 07 7:53 pm
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Connecticut

by CynTEAa » Sep 3rd 08 12:14 pm

Ranked them up there with black tea at 8. I do love them!

Yesterday's TeaDay ended with a beautiful wenshan baozhong. Hypnotic tea, I must say.

Happy TeaDay, everyone!

User avatar
Sep 3rd 08 12:25 pm
Posts: 88
Joined: Aug 27th 06 7:46 pm
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Sep 3rd 08 12:25 pm

I voted 7. I might have gone higher, but as I said yesterday in the blacks poll, I do have other favorites I can't do without.

I first discoverd oolong about a year ago and fell in love. Since then. I always keep some on hand. I might not have a cup every day, but it is rare that 2 days go by without my having some; and even then, I am generally thinking about when I might make a cup.

More than any others, this is the one that I prefer to have at home, rather than at work, so I can sit and savor the goodness of it.



~Cin