User avatar
Oct 16th, '08, 02:25
Posts: 796
Joined: Sep 3rd, '08, 15:01
Location: Washington, DC

Tea Tray

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 16th, '08, 02:25

Hopefully the collective tea knowledge of TeaChat will help me out with this dilemma.
I'm looking for a tea try, preferably something small/portable, inexpensive, and perhaps can have "tubing" so it can drain to a larger container. I'm basically looking for a tea try to use for my college dorm.

Also, I'm a little curious about really "tricked out" tea trays. I remember when I traveled around China and Taiwan I saw some really sweet looking tea trays that were more like tea tables, with carved dragons and mini mountains. Has anyone seen where to buy these kinds of "pimped out" tea trays/tables?

User avatar
Oct 16th, '08, 02:47
Posts: 1598
Joined: Jan 11th, '07, 21:13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

by scruffmcgruff » Oct 16th, '08, 02:47

Any search for tea trays should begin here:

http://multipleinfusions.com/2008/07/32-tea-tables/

I thought I had seen all the internet had to offer as far as tea tables go, but Lewis' article proved me very wrong.

As far as those hardwood/sculpted tea tables go, I'm not sure. I seem to remember one or some of the ebay stores had tabletop versions of those, though.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

User avatar
Oct 16th, '08, 02:52
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Oct 16th, '08, 02:52

Awww Scruff you beat me to it! Yes, that is a great resource.
Also of course try the search function here and have a look around.
There have been many similar posts.
Happy Hunting! Let us know what you choose!

Oct 16th, '08, 03:11
Posts: 238
Joined: Sep 18th, '08, 03:36
Location: Home, home on the range

by t4texas » Oct 16th, '08, 03:11

I asked Scott at YSLLC which of his trays are the best quality with fewest complaints. While he said all are good, he says these four are the best, with no complaints so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bamboo-Tea-Serving- ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bamboo-Tea-Serving- ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bamboo-Tea-Serving- ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Goldfish-Tea-Table- ... dZViewItem

I think I may end up getting the second one. Inexpensive and can use it as a dump tray or a drain tube tray. I like the low key design, too.

User avatar
Oct 16th, '08, 03:47
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 21st, '06, 04:33
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Tea Tray

by Salsero » Oct 16th, '08, 03:47

Maitre_Tea wrote: "pimped out" tea trays/tables
:lol:

User avatar
Oct 16th, '08, 05:55
Posts: 2044
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 01:47
Location: Los Angeles, CA

by wyardley » Oct 16th, '08, 05:55

You should really read http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=6496 and the stuff right around / after http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... ght=#67360

Those cover this topic pretty well.

User avatar
Oct 16th, '08, 06:01
Posts: 233
Joined: Feb 16th, '08, 16:51
Location: Bayonne, NJ

by horsencl » Oct 16th, '08, 06:01

I love the goldfish one. I wish I had see it before I ordered my current tea tray. I do like the one I have but I have a thing for fish since I am a bit of a betta fish enthusiast.

User avatar
Oct 16th, '08, 14:10
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Oct 16th, '08, 14:10

horsencl wrote:I love the goldfish one. I wish I had see it before I ordered my current tea tray. I do like the one I have but I have a thing for fish since I am a bit of a betta fish enthusiast.
One for home, one for office?