Oct 27th 08 2:49 pm

General All Purpose - Pot & Cups for entertaining Client

by Deleted User #28694 » Oct 27th 08 2:49 pm

Lately while having guests in my office I've been serving various teas from Greens to Oolongs etc.

I usually just brew up the tea and we drink out of normal mugs/glassware....

I would like to get something that is generally all purpose for Oolongs/Greens and different varieties and something that looks decent to present out to clients... kinda sophisticated and modern but classic at the same time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

User avatar
Oct 27th 08 3:25 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

by Chip » Oct 27th 08 3:25 pm

I have this one from our good host. It comes in 2 sizes depending on your needs. It is classicly styled yet elegent! "...sophisticated and modern but classic at the same time."


Glass teapot!

Oct 27th 08 3:31 pm

by Deleted User #28694 » Oct 27th 08 3:31 pm

nice suggestion!
That is kind of what I was thinking...

User avatar
Oct 27th 08 3:44 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

by Chip » Oct 27th 08 3:44 pm

They are buteeful! :lol: Can't go wrong.

Oct 27th 08 4:02 pm
Posts: 1978
Joined: Jan 14th 08 11:01 pm
Location: CA

by Pentox » Oct 27th 08 4:02 pm

Personally I would go with something a bit more modern/stylish than a plain glass pot. But i also have a penchant for glass and stainless steel.

I would probably look at something along the lines of:


Pura

Ypsilon

As far as a pot goes, I would probably go with a sorapot.

sorapot

But then again I don't really know what your budget for something of this nature is.

User avatar
Oct 28th 08 5:24 pm
Posts: 199
Joined: Jul 2nd 08 7:44 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

by Abracadaver! » Oct 28th 08 5:24 pm

I use the Mono Filio Teapot at work, and it works great from tea to tea, looks fantastic, and brews enough for a small group. It's available in 20 oz and 50 oz, depending on what you need.

Oct 28th 08 5:58 pm

by Deleted User #28694 » Oct 28th 08 5:58 pm

Pentox wrote:Personally I would go with something a bit more modern/stylish than a plain glass pot. But i also have a penchant for glass and stainless steel.

I would probably look at something along the lines of:


Pura

Ypsilon

As far as a pot goes, I would probably go with a sorapot.

sorapot

But then again I don't really know what your budget for something of this nature is.
Holy cow.
Now that stuff is drop dead gorgeous!

Does anyone make a pot like that a little more budget friendly!

Oct 28th 08 6:16 pm
Posts: 1978
Joined: Jan 14th 08 11:01 pm
Location: CA

by Pentox » Oct 28th 08 6:16 pm

While not quite as cool, the Naoko is pretty nice. I think it may be discontinued from Bodum though so get one quick if you like it.

Oct 28th 08 6:44 pm

by Deleted User #28694 » Oct 28th 08 6:44 pm

Pentox wrote:While not quite as cool, the Naoko is pretty nice. I think it may be discontinued from Bodum though so get one quick if you like it.
That's nice too...

But you had to show me the sorapot!

Damn! :lol:

Oct 28th 08 6:56 pm
Posts: 1978
Joined: Jan 14th 08 11:01 pm
Location: CA

by Pentox » Oct 28th 08 6:56 pm

Oh yeah, and here's another just to be mean.


[img]http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/ima ... ern[1].jpg[/img]

and in frosted


[img]http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/ima ... ern[1].jpg[/img]

Oct 28th 08 10:39 pm

by Deleted User #28694 » Oct 28th 08 10:39 pm

Pentox wrote:Oh yeah, and here's another just to be mean.


[img]http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/ima ... ern[1].jpg[/img]

and in frosted


[img]http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/ima ... ern[1].jpg[/img]
You're killing me.
That thing is slick.

Oct 28th 08 10:48 pm
Posts: 1978
Joined: Jan 14th 08 11:01 pm
Location: CA

by Pentox » Oct 28th 08 10:48 pm

So do those meet your criteria?

Or shall I dig up more for you?

Oct 28th 08 11:35 pm

by Deleted User #28694 » Oct 28th 08 11:35 pm

Pentox wrote:So do those meet your criteria?

Or shall I dig up more for you?
Well..
I'm spending a ton of time reading in general about different tea pots, but for me.. It's about trying varieties of different teas, having a nice classic look, and enjoying the tea and company..

So yeah, feel free to share more! These are fantastic.

You're right on what I am going for. At first I thought "yeah, basic glass if fine" but what you've shown me are real eye openers.

If I had the funds I'd invest in the sorapot and be done with it.

Could start saving....

Oct 28th 08 11:46 pm
Posts: 1978
Joined: Jan 14th 08 11:01 pm
Location: CA

by Pentox » Oct 28th 08 11:46 pm

canadiantea wrote: Well..
I'm spending a ton of time reading in general about different tea pots, but for me.. It's about trying varieties of different teas, having a nice classic look, and enjoying the tea and company..
If you want a classic appearance you could go with something along the lines of bone china / porcelean white.

Image

or something that while general has a more japanese style behind it


Image

another rather classically styled teapot


Image

Oct 28th 08 11:49 pm
Posts: 1622
Joined: Jun 25th 08 3:03 am

by edkrueger » Oct 28th 08 11:49 pm

My large teapot [click for the rest of the set]
Image
Last edited by edkrueger on Oct 28th 08 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.